NEW YORK, June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- S&P Dow Jones Indices is updating the market cap guidelines for its U.S. indices. Effective today, the new guidelines are:
- S&P 500-- $4.6 billion or greater (previous range was $ 4.0 billion or greater)
- S&P MidCap 400-- $1.2 billion to $5.1 billion (previous range was $1.0 billion to $4.4 billion)
- S&P SmallCap 600-- $350 million to $1.6 billion (previous range was $300 million to $1.4 billion)
"Given the market's advance since the recession low in March 2009, and especially over the last two years, the new cap ranges provide a better division among the three leading US equity benchmarks: the S&P 500, S&P MidCap 400 and S&P Small Cap 600," says David M. Blitzer, Managing Director and Chairman of the Index Committee at S&P Dow Jones Indices. "As always, the Index Committee will continue to monitor these ranges and developments within the indices." The guidelines refer to a company's total market capitalization, not its float-adjusted market cap.
S&P Dow Jones Indices will make the following changes to the S&P SmallCap 600:
- CalAmp Corp. (NASD: CAMP) will replace Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. (NASD: PMTI) after the close of trading on Monday, June 24. S&P SmallCap 600 constituent Cynosure Inc. (NASD: CYNO) is acquiring Palomar Medical Technologies in a deal expected to be completed on or about that date pending final approvals.
- Associated Estates Realty Corp. (NYSE: AEC) will replace Websense Inc. (NASD: WBSN) after the close of trading on Tuesday, June 25. Private equity firm Vista Equity Partners is acquiring Websense in a deal expected to be completed soon pending final approvals.
- WageWorks Inc. (NYSE: WAGE) will replace National Financial Partners Corp. (NYSE: NFP) after the close of trading on Tuesday, June 25. Private equity firm Madison Dearborn Partners is acquiring National Financial Partners in a deal expected to be completed on or about that date pending final approvals.
CalAmp Corp. develops and markets wireless communications solutions. Headquartered in Oxnard, CA, the company will be added to the S&P SmallCap 600 GICS (Global Industry Classification Standard) Communications Equipment Sub-Industry index.
Associated Estates Realty is a residential Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT). Headquartered in
Richmond Heights, OH, the company will be added to the S&P SmallCap 600 GICS Residential REITs Sub-Industry index.
WageWorks operates as an on-demand provider of tax-advantaged programs for consumer-directed health, and commuter and other employee spending account benefits. Headquartered in San Mateo,
CA, the company will be added to the S&P SmallCap 600 GICS Human Resources & Employment Services Sub-Industry index.
Following is a summary of the changes:
S&P SMALLCAP 600 INDEX – June 24, 2013
GICS ECONOMIC SECTOR
Health Care Equipment
S&P SMALLCAP 600 INDEX – June 25, 2013
GICS ECONOMIC SECTOR
Human Resources &
Additions to and deletions from S&P Dow Jones Indices do not in any way reflect an opinion on the investment merits of the companies involved.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC, a subsidiary of The McGraw-Hill Companies is the world's largest, global resource for index-based concepts, data and research. Home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial AverageSM, S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC has over 115 years of experience constructing innovative and transparent solutions that fulfill the needs of institutional and retail investors. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other provider in the world. With over 830,000 indices covering a wide range of assets classes across the globe, S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC defines the way investors measure and trade the markets. To learn more about our company, please visit www.spdji.com.
It is not possible to invest directly in an index. S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC, Dow Jones, and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively "S&P Dow Jones Indices") does not sponsor, endorse, sell, or promote any investment fund or other vehicle that is offered by third parties and that seeks to provide an investment return based on the returns of any S&P Dow Jones Indices index. This document does not constitute an offer of services in jurisdictions where S&P Dow Jones Indices or its affiliates do not have the necessary licenses. S&P Dow Jones Indices receives compensation in connection with licensing its indices to third parties.
STANDARD & POOR'S and S&P are registered trademarks of Standard & Poor's Financial Services LLC. "Dow Jones" is a registered trademark of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC ("Dow Jones")
For more information:
S&P Dow Jones Indices
Managing Director and Chairman of the Index Committee
S&P Dow Jones Indices
SOURCE S&P Dow Jones Indices
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here