MAHWAH, N.J., July 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The increase in mobile device usage among consumers has resulted in network challenges for businesses of all types and sizes. According to the Monetate Q1 2013 Ecommerce Quarterly, tablets have exceeded traditional desktops in driving web traffic and conversion rates, suggesting that users rely more heavily on mobile devices to make purchases and complete transactions through web applications and mobile sites.
According to Radware®, (Nasdaq:RDWR) a leading provider of application delivery and application security solutions for virtual and cloud data centers, this trend extends beyond the ecommerce industry impacting banking, CRM and supply chain industries - mobile device usage has proven to be a real challenge for network administrators as they struggle to meet new bandwidth, connection, security and performance demands.
"For businesses which require users to access their services through web applications, such as retailers and financial institutions – mobile devices put a real strain on their network, particularly on bandwidth consumed – a direct result of how heavy a page is being served," says Prakash Sinha, vice president of ADC Solutions, Radware. "Slower page loads unfortunately results in decreased customer loyalty and satisfaction and directly impacts revenue. Companies can no longer ignore mobile device users and must adapt their business strategy to place a greater priority on ensuring security, availability and low latency for applications."
According to Sinha, "Studies have proven that downtime and web access issues – even by a few seconds – can result in a significant annual revenue loss for businesses. It is no longer optional for businesses to address network strain from mobile usage."
There are five immediate actions that companies can take to prepare their websites and applications for mobile device access:
- Visibility into Application Performance: 80-90% of end-user response time is spent on the front-end of an application or mobile site. Engineers need to take this into account during development to ensure that applications are both responsive and well maintained - gaining visibility to user experience and becoming proactive in optimizing it.
- Automated Web Performance Optimization Technology: Faster page load times directly impact sales and conversions. Businesses should invest in technology solutions that have the ability to automate acceleration of web content such as a mobile browser cache that offers site owners the ability to configure persistent, reliable storage for caching objects from their site on mobile devices, enabling significant acceleration also for mobile users.
- Application Certification: Certification templates for applications result in quicker deployment while reducing IT costs and improving employee productivity.
- Denial of Service (DoS) Protection: Increased web access demands tighter security. Typical victims of DoS attacks are online businesses and service providers, and often result in revenue loss or increased network costs. It's critical for businesses to utilize technology to protect against both application and network-level attacks.
- Application Delivery Controllers (ADCs): Asymmetric and symmetric deployment of ADCs will address many of the challenges listed above – while reducing downtime, managing web traffic (particularly during high-peak times) and improving overall Quality of Service (QoS).
"Many businesses currently operate under the misconception that their in-house development team or investment in a WAN optimization technology can sufficiently address the challenges that mobile devices bring to their network – but oftentimes, it's not enough," says Sinha. "An investment in the right technology solutions will result in increased productivity for network administrators on the back-end – resulting in an overall higher performance. Businesses will ultimately save money – reducing or eliminating on-going manual processes that require time-intensive and costly work from in-house IT personnel."
Radware (Nasdaq:RDWR), is a global leader of application delivery and application security solutions for virtual and cloud data centers. Its award-winning solutions portfolio delivers full resilience for business-critical applications, maximum IT efficiency, and complete business agility. Radware's solutions empower more than 10,000 enterprise and carrier customers worldwide to adapt to market challenges quickly, maintain business continuity and achieve maximum productivity while keeping costs down. For more information, please visit www.radware.com.
Radware encourages you to join our community and follow us on; LinkedIn, Radware Blog, Twitter, YouTube, Radware Connect app for iPhone® and our new security center DDoSWarriors.com that provides a comprehensive analysis on DDoS attack tools, trends and threats.
©2013 Radware, Ltd. All rights reserved. Radware and all other Radware product and service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of Radware in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks and names are property of their respective owners.
This press release may contain statements concerning Radware's future prospects that are "forward-looking statements" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Statements preceded by, followed by, or that otherwise include the words "believes", "expects", "anticipates", "intends", "estimates", "plans", and similar expressions or future or conditional verbs such as "will", "should", "would", "may" and "could" are generally forward-looking in nature and not historical facts. These statements are based on current expectations and projections that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that future results will be achieved, and actual results could differ materially from forecasts and estimates. These risks and uncertainties, as well as others, are discussed in greater detail in Radware's Annual Report on Form 20-F and Radware's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Radware undertakes no commitment to revise or update any forward-looking statement in order to reflect events or circumstances after the date any such statement is made. Radware's public filings are available from the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at www.sec.gov or may be obtained on Radware's website at www.radware.com.
CONTACT: Corporate Media Relations: Brian T. Gallagher +1 201 785 3206 (office) +1 201-574-3840 (cell) firstname.lastname@example.org
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here