Larry Edelson: In a previous column, I showed you that my cycle work was showing a possible major low forming in the mining sector last Tuesday, August 6.
Well, I was wrong. It formed the next day, August 7.
You can see it here on this chart of the Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (NYSEARCA:GDX). Notice the spike low on August 7 and how it penetrated and closed below the uptrend line.
Then the next day the GDX surged back above that uptrend line, exploding 9.08 percent higher.
That kind of move — plunging below an uptrend line and immediately and strongly reversing higher back above it — is typically only found at major lows.
So yes, I’d say the cycles were on the money and we have the potential for a major low. To confirm that low, I’d like to see GDX close above the downtrend line shown on the chart.
You can see the same type of action in this chart of the ARCA Gold Bugs ETF (HUI). Note the fake out low and the 9.02 percent surge that followed.
A close above the downtrend line on this chart would confirm a major low for senior miners, which this ETF tracks.(...)Click here to continue reading the original ETFDailyNews.com article: Gold Miners Could Move 50 Percent Over The Next 6 MonthsYou are viewing an abbreviated republication of ETF Daily News content. You can find full ETF Daily News articles on (www.etfdailynews.com)
- Dow Jones Industrial Average: Why Stocks Can Move Higher For The Next 6 to 12 Months
- Silver Miners, Gold Miners and The Price Of Gold: SPDR Gold Trust, iShares Silver Trust
- Why Can’t Junior Miners Raise Cash? Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF, Newmont Mining Corp, Coeur d’Alene Mines Corporation
- Will We See Consolidation In The Gold Mining Industry? Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF, Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF
- HUI Gold Bugs Index Earnings 2004 – 2013: Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF, Goldcorp Inc., Yamana Gold Inc.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here