Morpheus Trading: After an ugly selloff in Market Vectors Gold Miners ($GDX), which persisted for nine months, the ETF is now setting up for a potential bullish reversal of trend.
On the chart below, notice that both a higher low and higher high formed in July and August.
Of greater importance is the head and shoulders bottom pattern that formed from May 17 through August 9. This bullish chart pattern is the inverse of the bearish head and shoulders chart pattern.
Like many the bull flag and other stock chart patterns, the best formation of a head and shoulders bottom should have symmetry.
In this case, notice the symmetry between the left and right shoulders of the head (six candlesticks on either side):
In order to have a decent shot of setting another “higher low,” $GDX should now hold up around support of its 50-day moving average.(...)Click here to continue reading the original ETFDailyNews.com article: Gold Miners ETF Setting Up For A Potential Bullish ReversalYou are viewing an abbreviated republication of ETF Daily News content. You can find full ETF Daily News articles on (www.etfdailynews.com)
- Gold, Silver and Miners: Powerful Reversal Off Multiyear Support
- Watching The Global X Uranium ETF (URA) For A Potential Reversal
- The Market Vectors Steel ETF (SLX) Looks To Be Forming A Bullish Reversal
- Looking For A Potential Trend Reversal Breakout In The First Trust ISE Revere Natural Gas ETF (FCG)
- Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX) Will Continue To Track NYSE Arca Gold Miners Index
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here