At BillionairesPortfolio.com, I am always looking for deep value stocks that are owned by some of the world’s top hedge funds and billionaire investors.
Nothing represents a great value play more than a stock that is trading below the cash it holds on its books.
A stock that is trading “below cash” means the company has more cash on its balance sheet than its entire market capitalization. As billionaire hedge fund David Tepper put it “buying cash for less than cash” is one of the easiest ways to make money in the stock market.
Here are five stocks that top hedge funds own that are also trading below cash:
1) STR Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:STRI) has $1.74 per share in cash and has zero debt. The stocks sells for only $1.72. Top hedge fund Red Mountain Capital Partners owns nearly 15% of this stock.
2) Career Education Corp. (NASDAQ:CECO) has $3.44 in cash per share and zero debt. The stocks sells for $2.66. Blum Capital Partners, a top hedge fund/private equity firm, owns almost 14% of this stock.
3) AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVEO) has $3.04 per share in cash and has zero debt. The stock sells for only $2.09. Billionaire and legendary hedge fund manager, Seth Klarman of the Baupost Group owns more than 7% of this stock.
4) The First Marblehead Corporation (NYSE:FMD) has $1.23 per share in cash and has zero debt. The stock sells for just $0.85. Value-based hedge fund Mangrove Partners owns almost of 10% of this stock.
5) Savient Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:SVNT) has $0.71 per share in cash and has zero debt. The stock sells for only $0.62 cents. Top biotech hedge fund Palo Alto Investors owns more than 13% of this stock.
Disclosure: Clients of Billionaire’s Portfolio, own shares of STR Holdings (STRI)
If you want to know what the world’s best Billionaire Investors and Hedge funds are buying, then you can visit The Billionaire’s Portfolio.
William Meade is the President of Pure Alpha Research, a hedge fund consulting and investment research firm. He is the former Director of Research at Zacks Investment Research in Chicago. Before that, he was the lead analyst at a top performing $1.2 Billion dollar institutional investment firm and hedge fund. Mr. Meade has a Masters in Applied Economics from The Johns Hopkins University. Learn more about William Meade and how he follows Billionaire Investors into stocks by visiting the Billionaires Portfolio.You are viewing an abbreviated republication of ETF Daily News content. You can find full ETF Daily News articles on (www.etfdailynews.com)
- Trading Secrets of Hedge Funds: How They Trade Stocks, ETFs, Commodities and Options
- 5 Popular Stocks Hedge Funds Have Been Buying and Selling
- Why I Buy Stocks That Mutual Funds and Brokers Are Forbidden To Buy
- A Top Hedge Fund Pro’s Take On Stocks Like Apple Inc. (AAPL) and Google Inc (GOOG)
- BlackRock Announces September Monthly Cash Distributions For The iShares Funds
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here