WARREN, N.J., Oct. 2, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANAD) (the "Company"), a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, today announced that the Company's AWL9581 802.11ac front-end integrated circuit (FEIC), AWT6651 ProEficient™ power amplifier (PA), and ALT6702 HELP4™ PA are enabling wireless connectivity in the new GALAXY Note 3 by Samsung Electronics. The GALAXY Note 3 improves upon the Note II, which is also powered by ANADIGICS' RF solutions, by providing a larger 5.7-inch HD Super AMOLED display, faster processor, slimmer size and longer battery life. The GALAXY Note 3 also features a 13 megapixel camera and Android® 4.3 Jelly Bean operating system.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=21290
"We are very pleased to announce that the GALAXY Note 3 is the latest in a wide array of premier Samsung mobile devices, including the S® 4, S 4 Mini, Tab 3 and Mega, that are powered by our world-class RF products," said Dave Cresci, president of ANADIGICS. "ANADIGICS continues to deliver WiFi and cellular solutions that set the standard for both performance and integration. Our compact RF power amplifiers and front-end ICs are easy to use, enable wireless connectivity with greater throughput, and offer extended battery life. These RF advantages provide tangible benefits during the design, manufacture and ultimately end-consumer use of Samsung's exceptional wireless devices. We look forward to continuing our collaboration with Samsung on their next generation of phones and tablets."
The AWL9581 5 GHz FEIC, AWT6651 ProEficient PA and ALT6702 HELP4 PA all leverage ANADIGICS' exclusive InGaP-Plus™ technology and patented design architectures to provide superior performance and integration. The Company's 802.11ac FEICs combine a high-performance power amplifier, low-noise amplifier (LNA) and RF switch on a single die to significantly improve manufacturability and reliability. This level of integration also reduces PCB space requirements and simplifies RF front-end design for faster time-to-market. The complete family of 802.11ac FEICs offers outstanding error vector magnitude (EVM) and noise figure performance, which enables ultra-high data throughput. ANADIGICS' WiFi FEICs deliver the industry's lowest current consumption, significantly extending battery-life in mobile applications.
ProEficient power amplifiers provide high efficiency across all power modes to extend 3G and 4G talk time and data use for longer overall battery life with or without the use of a DC-DC converter. These power amplifiers are optimized for use with average power tracking (APT) to further increase efficiency and reduce current consumption at medium and low operating powers. HELP4 power amplifiers offer three mode states to optimize efficiency at low-range and mid-range output power levels. In addition to outstanding efficiency, ProEficient and HELP4 power amplifiers deliver exceptional linearity to ensure a stable connection for clear voice and high-speed data usage.
ANADIGICS 802.11ac WiFi FEIC Family Key Facts and Highlights:
- Ultra-low EVM in the toughest 802.11ac modulation formats, enabling extremely high transmission data rates
- Best-in-class power efficiency for improved thermal characteristics to support MIMO applications
- Industry-leading integration of the PA, LNA, and Tx/Rx switch to simplify RF design and reduce time-to-market
- Compact 2.5 mm x 2.5 mm x 0.4 mm QFN package with a high-accuracy, integrated power detector, and RF ports internally matched to 50 Ohms to reduce PCB space requirements
ANADIGICS ProEficient Power Amplifier Family Key Facts and Highlights:
- Exceptional efficiency across all power modes, to extend battery life
- Integrated high directivity coupler for ease of system integration
- Compact 3 mm x 3 mm package with internal voltage regulation and integrated DC blocks on the RF ports to reduce PCB space requirements
- Best-in-class linearity to maintain stable, high-throughput 3G / 4G connections
- RF matching optimized for output power, efficiency, and linearity in a 50-Ohm system
ANADIGICS HELP4 Power Amplifier Family Key Facts and Highlights:
- Three mode states for greater power efficiency at low-range and mid-range output power levels
- 3 mm x 3 mm footprint with integrated DC blocks on RF ports and internal voltage regulation to save PCB space
- Integrated "daisy chainable" directional RF coupler with 20 dB directivity
- Exceptional linearity at maximum output power for high speed cellular connectivity
For more information on ANADIGICS products and multimedia content, please refer to the following resources:
- ANADIGICS LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Photos: http://www.flickr.com/anadigics_inc
- ANADIGICS Video: http://www.youtube.com/anadigics
About ANADIGICS, Inc.
ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANAD) (the "Company") designs and manufactures innovative radio frequency solutions for the growing cellular, WiFi, and infrastructure markets. Headquartered in Warren, NJ, ANADIGICS offers RF products with exceptional performance and integration to deliver a unique competitive advantage to OEMs and ODMs for mobile device, base station, CATV infrastructure, CATV subscriber, and industrial applications. The Company's award-winning solutions include power amplifiers, front-end ICs, front-end modules, line amplifiers, active splitters, tuners, and other RF components. For more information, visit www.anadigics.com.
CONTACT: Media Relations Brian Ribeiro mspire group Tel: +1 908 369 9300 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Investor Relations Kristina Panek ANADIGICS, Inc. Tel: +1 908 668 5000 ext. 5330 E-mail: email@example.com
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here