Toby Connor: In my last post I noted that gold could give a major buy signal in the next 2-3 weeks. Let me stress again that patience is required right here. Gold has to confirm the intermediate rally first. That means it needs to break above $1268 and make a higher high. If it doesn’t do that then no buy signal will be generated. Without a reversal of the pattern of lower lows and lower highs then this is just another weak bear market rally destined to roll over and break the bulls hearts again.
So far every time gold gets close to breaking through the 1250-1260 resistance zone a huge seller materializes, usually in the pre-market, to dump several million oz. of paper gold on the market and drive gold back down. This happened again yesterday.
I can’t stress enough that gold has to get above $1268 before the FOMC meeting next week. Gold can’t enter the declining phase of it’s daily cycle from a position of weakness below $1268.(...)Click here to continue reading the original ETFDailyNews.com article: Gold: Patience Is Required Right Here [SPDR Gold Trust (ETF), iShares Gold Trust(ETF)]You are viewing an abbreviated republication of ETF Daily News content. You can find full ETF Daily News articles on (www.etfdailynews.com)
- The Trend Is Still Down For Precious Metals [SPDR Gold Trust (ETF), iShares Silver Trust (ETF)]
- Demand To Buy Physical Gold Remains Strong [SPDR Gold Trust (ETF), iShares Gold Trust(ETF)]
- Will Chinese Gold Demand Continue In 2014? [SPDR Gold Trust, iShares Gold Trust(ETF)]
- Central Banks Stepping Up Their Gold Buying [SPDR Gold Trust (ETF), iShares Gold Trust (ETF)]
- Harry Dent: How To Prosper In The Coming Downturn [SPDR Gold Trust (ETF), iShares Silver Trust (ETF)]
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here