RELIANCE STEEL & ALUMINUM CO. (NY: RS)
70.88 USD  +0.61 (+0.87%)
Streaming Delayed Price  /  Updated: 10:40 AM EDT, Apr 21, 2014  /  Add to My Watchlist      
(RS) Community Analysis from
April 21, 2014
(Stock Blog Hub, 8/1/13)
We are retaining our Neutral recommendation on Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. (RS). While the company is seeing strength across automotive and energy markets, a...(read more)
(Stock Blog Hub, 4/21/13)
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co.’s (RS) impending acquisition of Metals USA Holdings Corp. (MUSA) has been cleared by the latter’s shareholders. Shareholders...(read more)
(Benzinga, 10/21/10)
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. (NYSE: RS) reported today its financial results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2010. For the 2010 third quarter, Reliance reported net income of $48.7 million, up 17%, compared...(read more)
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS) Company Overview

Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (NYSE: RS) is the largest metals processing and distribution center in North America (based on revenue).[1] As a metal service provider it buys raw metals in bulk from mills and after processing them sells them to manufacturers that use large amounts of different metals or to businesses that further process them.[2] After buying the metal from a mill, Reliance Steel then processes it into different shapes or applies different treatments before selling it to its customers. 83% of its company high $8.72 billion 2008 revenue came from shaping raw metals into plates, tubes, rods, or bars while the remaining 17% of sales came from heat-treated, galvanized, cold-rolled, hot-rolled, and toll processed metals.[3] It provides over 100,000 different metal products in more than 200 locations globally.[2]

Reliance Steel has acquired 40 other metal service centers since 1994.[4] In 2008 Reliance was able to increase its net sales by $888 million through acquisitions, leading to a company high $482.8 million in net income.[2]

(Read more at Wikinvest )

Stock Market XML and JSON Data API provided by FinancialContent Services, Inc.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions.
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here