|Conservative and diversified portfolio|
|SunTrust is a ripe acquisition target|
|More conservative attitude regarding underwriting that its peers|
SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE: STI) is the ninth largest bank in the United States. SunTrust's operations are mostly concentrated in the Southeast, and many of them are located within retail outlets, including over 100 within Wal-Marts. STI's competitors range from local rival Regions Financial Corporation (RF) to national bank Bank of America (BAC).
(Read more at Wikinvest )
The Atlanta-based bank reported a profit of $185 million compared with a prior-year loss of $248.1 million. Revenue jumped 19% to $2.33 billion. Revenue excluding investment gains and losses climbed 21%.
- Business Overview
- Retail and Commercial Banking ($353 million Net Income in 2010)
- Corporate and Investment Banking ($197 million Net Income in 2010)
- Mortgage ($822 million Net Loss in 2010)
- Wealth and Investment Management ($180 million Net Income in 2010)
- Trends and Forces
- Financial regulation may impact SunTrust
- Housing Market
- Benefit from low interest rates