A non-profit Florida group is purchasing air time this weekend in major markets in eight battleground states to show a 30-minute television special featuring Swift Boat Veterans and POWs for Truth, the group challenging Sen. John Kerry’s version of his war record and his antiwar activities.
With 13 stations already lined up, including five in Florida, Campaign Truth says it can broadcast the special on three more stations if it can raise an additional $15,000 by noon Eastern time today.
The group is taking donations on its website.
The TV program, “Unfit to Lead,” hosted by swiftboat vet spokesman John O’Neill, also is available exclusively to WorldNetDaily readers online for a limited time.
The show features many of the men whose testimonies about Kerry were heard in the controversial advertisements played in key swing states over the past several months.
In Florida, it will air on the local PAX network stations in Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa, Miami and West Palm Beach.
It also is scheduled in Denver; Minneapolis-St. Paul; Cleveland; Milwaukee; Des Moines, Iowa; Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Scranton, Pa.; and Charleston, W.Va.
Times are listed below.
The broadcasts in Florida and Cleveland are being promoted with newspaper ads.
In the special, one of Kerry’s former superior officers, Capt. George Elliott, says he believes Kerry should have been removed from command.
Elliott was commander of Coastal Division 11, where Kerry spent his four months of active duty in Vietnam.
“If I knew then what I know now, he would have been thrown out of my command and probably recommended for removal from the Navy,” Elliott says of Kerry.
Stations airing “Unfit to Lead”:
- Denver: KPXC (PAX), Saturday at 1 p.m.
- Miami–Ft. Lauderdale: WPXM (PAX), Sunday at 5 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.
- West Palm Beach: WPXP (PAX), Sunday at 5 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.
- Orlando: WOPX (PAX), Saturday at 5 p.m. and Sunday at 5 p.m.
- Tampa: WXPX (PAX), Sunday at 5 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.
- Jacksonville: WPXC (PAX), Sunday at 5 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.
- Minneapolis-St.Paul: KPXM (PAX), Sunday at 1 p.m.
- Cleveland: WVPX (PAX), Saturday at 1:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m.
- Milwaukee: WXPE (PAX), Sunday at 1 p.m.
- Des Moines: KFPX (PAX), Sunday at 1 p.m.
- Cedar Rapids: KPXR (PAX), Sunday at 1 p.m.
- Scranton: (PAX), Sunday at 1 p.m.
- Charleston: WLPX (PAX), Sunday at 1 p.m.