Attention, WND newshounds! As it does every year, WorldNetDaily.com is inviting readers to submit their candidates for the most “spiked” stories of the year in our interactive forum, “Operation Spike!”
While most news organizations present year-end retrospective replays of what they consider to have been the top news stories of the previous 12 months, WND’s editors have always found it more newsworthy to publish a compilation of the important stories most ignored by the establishment press.
WND Editor and CEO Joseph Farah has sponsored “Operation Spike” every year since 1988, and since founding WorldNetDaily in May 1997 has continued the annual tradition. For the past seven years, WND has invited its readers to join in and submit what they considered the most underreported stories of the past year in the site’s “Operation Spike” forum.
Last year, WorldNetDaily’s “readers’ choice” picks for the 10 most underreported stories of 2003 were:
- The de-Christianization of America via the court system
- NASA’s use of a green-friendly but inferior material on heat shields that broke up prior to the shuttle disaster
- The legal implications of the Supreme Court’s ‘sodomy’ ruling
- Persecution of Christians worldwide, especially those in countries seen as “friends” of the U.S.
- A major federal study that found no connection between gun laws and gun violence
- The continued vulnerability of U.S. airports
- The ominous free-speech implications of the Supreme Court’s decision upholding the McCain-Feingold campaign-finance law
- The Beltway sniper investigation “hero” Police Chief Charles Moose was so obsessed with avoiding “racial profiling” that he seriously hindered the investigation
- The Terri Schindler-Schiavo case
- Human bio-chip implant arrives for cashless transactions
So join in and speak your mind now. All suggestions submitted to the forum will be evaluated by WND editors, and the very best will be compiled into a Top 10-style report.