Does Barack Obama have some explaining to do about accepting money from two unrepentant, homegrown, communist revolutionary terrorists who bombed the Capitol, the Pentagon, police stations and banks in the 1970s?
Yes, I think he does. But there’s a much bigger question raised by Obama’s relationship with Bernardine Dohrn and William Ayers, ringleaders of the Weather Underground organization. The question is: Why is a couple like this is not only accepted in liberal Democratic Party circles and the academic world, but embraced with open arms – in fact, rewarded for their self-declared armed struggle against America, a war they still defend adamantly to this day?
That is a question that, if answered, would explain the way the Democratic Party today is a covert tool of political manipulation whose core agenda is to transform America into the kind of “socialist workers’ paradise” envisioned by these one-time violent revolutionaries who were forced to change tactics but not their goals.
Let’s take a look at whom Dohrn and Ayers really were – and really are:
- Both went underground after she was charged with instigating riots at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago in 1968 and after several of their fellow Weatherman associates were killed when bombs they were building blew up in a Greenwich Village townhouse. One of those killed was Ayers girlfriend at the time, Diana Oughton. The group was planning to bomb Fort Dix Army Base in New Jersey.
- Dohrn publicly celebrated the group’s maiming of Chicago prosecutor Richard Elrod in the Chicago riots. In 1970, rich kid Ayers, son of the chairman of Commonwealth Edison, explained what the Weather Underground was all about: “Kill all the rich people. Break up their cars and apartments. Bring the revolution home, kill your parents, that’s where it’s really at.”
- Following the mass murders of actress Sharon Tate and others by disciples of Charles Manson, Dohrn had this to say: “Dig it. First they killed those pigs, then they at dinner in the same room with them, then they even shoved a fork into a victim’s stomach! Wild!” Dohrn went on to suggest adopting a “fork” salute might be appropriate for her fellow homicidal maniacs.
- Dohrn, along with other members of the Weather Underground, traveled to Cuba to meet with representatives of the Communist North Vietnamese and Cuban governments as the Vietnam war raged.
- Dohrn was signatory to the Weather Underground’s “Declaration of State of War” against the U.S. government. Besides being the pinup girl of the domestic terrorist group, she also co-authored its manifesto, “Prairie Fire” and helped make the organization’s covertly filmed propaganda documentary.
- Ayers participated in more than 30 bombings during his 11-year reign of underground terror. He says his only regret is not doing more to “bring the war home” to America. In an article he penned for the New York Times op-ed page ironically published Sept. 11, 2001, he wrote: “I don’t regret setting bombs. I feel we didn’t do enough.”
- Ayers and Dohrn surfaced in 1980 and turned themselves in to face the riot charges. The federal charges were dropped because the FBI used illegal wiretaps to learn of their crimes. Only a local charge of aggravated assault stuck to Dohrn. She pleaded guilty to two counts, receiving a $1,500 fine and no jail time.
- However, their New York gang continued robbing banks and conducting armed holdups. In 1981, a robbery in Rockland County left a Brinks security guard and two police officers dead. Dohrn and Ayers refused to cooperate with the investigation of the crime. The woman now teaching law explained she did not believe grand juries were legal. She even refused to provide a signature for handwriting analysts in the case. She was held in contempt and imprisoned for seven months.
- Dohrn served as manager of Broadway Baby, a chic children’s boutique in Manhattan’s Upper West Side, that served as a money-laundering center and a ring for ID theft. IDs used by participants to rent a getaway car in the Brinks robbery were stolen from customers at Broadway Baby.
- Ayers and Dohrn married while on the lam.
Now, suppose you or your children had a record like that. What kind of future would you expect? Would you imagine that following a brief period of quiet rehabilitation that you would be welcomed into tenured and comfortable positions in academia? Do you think you would get a chance to work with powerful politicians? Do you think you would have the opportunity to decide how hundreds of millions of dollars would be given away by a major philanthropic foundation?
That’s exactly what happened to this pair of degenerates.
Today, Ayers teaches at the University of Illinois and works on “school reform” issues – which probably means designing ways to indoctrinate your children into his diseased, evil mindset. In 1999, he joined the Woods Fund of Chicago, where he served as a director alongside Barack Obama until the latter left in 2002. Ayers went on to become Woods’ chairman of the board, overseeing the distribution of about $60 million a year. In 2002, the Woods Fund made a grant to Northwestern University Law School’s Children and Family Justice Center, where, coincidentally, his wife works.
Dohrn teaches law at Northwestern University and specializes in “juvenile justice reform” – which suggests she wants your kids to live out her undying dreams of chaos in America’s streets and communities. She still runs the Children and Family Justice Center. She also sits on boards of the American Civil Liberties Union and the American Bar Association!
It’s worth noting that Ayers’ father, Thomas, who stood by his son throughout his 11-year run as a fugitive, served as a trustee at Northwestern University and former board chairman.
Who says privilege doesn’t have its perks?
Who says crime doesn’t pay?
Who says the penalty for treason is death?
Is it important that Obama’s political career was essentially launched in the living room of William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn. Yes, it’s important. But there are much bigger questions raised by this story.
Hillary Clinton would like you to believe Obama’s relationship with these domestic terrorists is unusual in Democratic Party circles.
She said: “And what they [Weather Underground] did was set bombs and in some instances people died. I know Sen. Obama is a good man and I respect him greatly, but I think this is an issue that certainly the Republicans will be raising.”
In other words, to Hillary, the only importance to this relationship is that it might be exploited by Republicans.
That’s understandable coming from her, because Hillary’s record is not exactly sinless with regard to support for domestic terrorists like Ayers and Dohrn.
As president, Hillary’s husband commuted the prison sentences of two other Weather Underground members and of Puerto Rican terrorists also convicted of bombing the Capitol.
No word yet on the academic appointments Hillary’s terrorists have received.
Why is it that Democrats embrace the likes of this scum?
Why are vermin like Ayers and Dohrn and Hillary’s terrorists actually treated with reverence and, at least to a degree, as heroes. They teach. They have all the money they need. They write books that are published and get reviewed in the New York Times. They launch political careers. In other words, they prosper from their crimes rather than pay for them.
That’s the real lesson of the William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn story. Barack Obama is simply a sideshow. The fact that he isn’t required to answer for that relationship is an illustration of how much violent, left-wing, infantile, socialist anti-Americanism is accepted within the Democratic Party, academia, the establishment news media and other key cultural institutions.
Of course Barack Obama can’t understand why his relationship with these people would be offensive to normal, rational, thinking and well-informed Americans with a conscience. He is, after all, a product of these same cultural institutions. He is the native son of the new covertly subversive Democratic Party.
Related special offers: