George Tiller

George Tiller and his Wichita, Kan., late-term abortion clinic transported a woman away from his facility in an ambulance today – for a third time in only five weeks.

Witness Dale Weldy of Kansas Coalition for Life observed a patient with an IV being taken to a Sedgewick County ambulance and transported away from the clinic at 8:05 a.m. to Wesley Medical Center, Operation Rescue reported.

Cheryl Sullenger of OR arrived at the hospital and noticed the ambulance and Tiller’s personal Jeep in the emergency room parking lot.

Tiller was with his employee, Diane Warren, in the emergency room.

When she saw Sullenger, she yelled, “You’re dying to know, aren’t you!”

As WND reported earlier, Tiller, whose abortion industry was featured in a recent profile by WND columnist Jack Cashill, is facing accusations he illegally aborted 19 viable babies without obtaining an independent second opinion of the medical necessity for the abortions from an unaffiliated Kansas physician.

He could face 19 years in jail if convicted.
One woman, known as Patient S., told OR the story of her near-death botched abortion experience on Sept. 27.

Patient S. developed sepsis as a result of a botched procedure during a late-term abortion and came forward to tell of her near-death experience, OR reported.

She said her pregnancy was at 23 weeks, but the clinic stated she was at 19 weeks. At 22 weeks, state law in Kansas requires the diagnosis of an independent second physician.

“Shelley Sella, a California abortionist employed part time at WHCS by Tiller, began the abortion on Patient S. by giving her an injection digoxin into the abdomen, which is meant to stop the baby’s heart. Apparently something went wrong with the injection, because Patient S. began feeling sick. She was sent home for the day,” OR reported. “Later that day, because she felt so badly, she went to the Wesley Medical Center emergency room for treatment. … She was told to return to her own ObGyn, who informed her that the best thing for her to do was to go back to Tiller’s abortion clinic to complete the surgery.”

The next day, with a fever of nearly 104 degrees, she returned to the clinic, where she reported she was isolated in a locked room for several hours.

Both her cousin and mother arrived during that time and were denied permission to see her when they asked, she told OR.

Eventually the abortion was completed.

“The mother was present during the removal of the baby, and observed Tiller inserting a tube into the back of the baby’s skull and vacuuming out the brains. This disturbed her so greatly that she told pro-lifers that she could not sleep for three days because of what she saw,” OR said.

During the abortion, the patient suffered an asthma attack and cardiac arrest. After being revived with epinephrine and defibrillation, Tiller told her to hold her IV bags, and he drove her to the hospital in his own car.

Her experience resembled that of Christin Gilbert, 19, who died from untreated sepsis during a third-trimester abortion at Tiller’s business in 2005, OR said.
An ambulance transported another woman away from the clinic on Oct. 2 and yet another patient today. The condition of today’s patient is unknown.


Note: Read our discussion guidelines before commenting.