NEW YORK – President Obama has been closely linked for years to the Nation of Islam and to extremists tied to the controversial organization, a recently released book has revealed.
“The Manchurian President: Barack Obama’s ties to communists, socialists and other anti-American extremists,” also ties David Axelrod, Obama’s top adviser, to a church that practices black liberation theology and is heavily linked to the Nation of Islam chief Louis Farrakhan.
The new work, by WND senior reporter Aaron Klein, documents Obama’s longstanding relationship to Nation of Islam activists and how Obama’s church for nearly 20 years, Chicago’s Trinity United Church of Christ, was particularly cozy with Farrakhan. Klein’s co-author is author and historian Brenda J. Elliott.
The book also focuses on the period beginning in 1996, when Obama was elected to the Illinois state Senate in 1996, serving the 13th district, which then spanned Chicago’s South Side neighborhoods, including areas in which Farrakhan was considered to be highly influential.
Also, Obama’s former pastor, Jeremiah Wright, who accompanied Farrakhan to Libya in 1984, has been involved in Farrakhan initiatives and labeled him “one of the most important voices in the 20th and 21st century” during a national address to the media in 2008 at which Nation of Islam officials were invited guests.
Obama has appeared at least three times on the cover of Trumpet magazine, a monthly glossy founded by Wright, which in 2007 gave Farrakhan its Empowerment Award.
The magazine, to which Obama granted a lengthy, exclusive interview in 2007, regularly hails Farrakhan.
Obama’s face was featured on the cover of a 2006 issue of Trumpet alongside Farrakhan’s image.
Wright and Obama reportedly attended the Million Man March on Washington, led by Farrakhan and other prominent black leaders such as Al Sharpton.
Another Obama connection to supporters of Farrakhan comes from Axelrod, Obama’s chief political strategist, documents “The Manchurian President.”
Although he is Jewish, Axelrod sits on the finance committee of St. Sabina, the Chicago Catholic parish that was led by controversial pastor Michael Pfleger, an outspoken Farrakhan supporter who hosted the Nation of Islam chief at his parish several times.
The Archdiocese of Chicago temporarily removed Pfleger from his duties at St. Sabina in 2008 following a well-publicized guest sermon at Trinity church in which Pfleger claimed Hillary Clinton cried in public because she thought being white entitled her to the Democratic presidential nomination.
Pfleger hosted Farrakhan at his church several times, including one May 2007 sermon that was Farrakhan’s first public appearance since he announced in 2006 he had been suffering from prostate cancer and was seriously ill.
According to reports, Pfleger spent hours with the Nation of Islam chief during his illness. Pfleger previously enlisted Farrakhan’s support for several of his initiatives, including an anti-gun protest last year.
Helped devise Farrakhan’s platform
Meanwhile, “The Manchurian President” also documents how Rev. Willie Barrow, who was a member of Obama’s official Faith Outreach Team, is a close friend of Farrakhan’s and a staunch Nation of Islam supporter.
Farrakhan stated in a 2002 interview he met with Barrow to devise his Nation of Islam platforms.
In 2006, Barrow condemned four Jewish members of the Illinois state Hate Crimes Commission after then-Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich refused to remove from the commission Sister Claudette Muhammad, Farrakhan’s minister of protocol.
“Not only should [Muhammad] continue to serve on the commission, but, I think those that resigned because they disagree, what have they done to bring about an agreement?” Barrow told the CBS affiliate in Chicago, WBBM.
‘Most exhaustive investigation’
With nearly 900 citations, “The Manchurian President” bills itself as the most exhaustive investigation ever performed into Obama’s political background and radical ties.
The introduction to “The Manchurian President” relates: “Barack Obama is backed by and deeply tied to an anti-American fringe nexus that, as this book will show, was instrumental not only in mentoring Obama and helping him to build his political career, but essentially in overthrowing the moderate wing of the Democratic Party and in securing and powerfully influencing Obama’s presidency.
“As will be seen, these radical associates not only continue to influence Obama and White House strategy, but some are directly involved in creating the very policies intended to undermine or radically transform the United States of America.”
Among the highlights of “The Manchurian President:”
- A coalition of extremists, including a founder of William Ayers’ Weathermen domestic terrorist organization, helped craft Obama’s “stimulus” bill.
- Obama’s health-care policy, masked by moderate populist rhetoric, was pushed along and partially crafted by extremists, some of whom reveal in their own words that their principal aim is to achieve corporate socialist goals and a vast increase in government powers.
- Extremists are among Obama’s “czars” and other top advisers. New information links top advisers David Axelrod and Valerie Jarrett to communist activists. The book uncovers correspondence in which a communist confesses to mentoring and educating Axelrod and helping the top Obama aide to secure his first job. Obama then later worked with the same communist, the book finds.
- Evidence shows in 1995 Obama was a member of the socialist New Party, which sought to infiltrate the Democratic Party to ultimately mold it into a socialist-leaning organization. Perhaps more startlingly, the book reveals how New Party founders are currently helping to craft White House legislation.
- Copious research reveals more about Obama’s deep ties to Ayers, uncovering for the first time where and how Obama first met Ayers – and it is much earlier than previously believed.
- Important aspects of Obama’s carefully covered-up college years, with new details of his student career at Occidental College and later at Columbia University are revealed.
- Obama’s early years, including his previously overlooked early-childhood ties to a radical, far-left church are documented.
- Obama’s associations with the Nation of Islam, Black Liberation Theology and black political extremists are also revealed, with extensive new information on the subjects.
- Obama’s deep ties to ACORN, which are much more extensive than previously documented elsewhere are covered. The book also crucially describes how a socialist-led, ACORN-affiliated union helped facilitate Obama’s political career and now exerts major influence in the White House.