Next week, I will debate the founder of GOProud, a homosexual activist group gaining influence and currency among conservatives, on whether the group is indeed conservative at all.
It is my intention to expose GOProud’s real agenda – pushing the special interests of homosexual activists inside the conservative movement, gaining acceptance for radical ideas like same-sex marriage from those who should be opposing them and softening up opposition to ideas that are anti-American, anti-God and affirm sin.
I believe this could be a historic debate for the very soul of American conservatism.
But first, a little background: WND’s “Taking America Back National Conference” in Miami, Sept. 16-18, was conceived and organized, in part, because of the conservative movement’s capitulation to the radical homosexual agenda:
- The Conservative Political Action Conference welcomed GOProud as a co-sponsor of the largest annual gathering of conservatives this year. CPAC has already gleefully announced the return of GOProud as a sponsor next year – even though GOProud’s inclusion cost the conference Sarah Palin and other top-notch speakers and some long-time co-sponsors.
- The executive director of CPAC is actively promoting GOProud’s “Homocon” conference in New York later this month.
- Conservative leader Grover Norquist, founder of Americans for Tax Reform, serves on the board of GOProud.
- One of the most well-established conservative media companies in America is run by a homosexual activist.
- Conservative celebrity Glenn Beck announced on Fox News that he doesn’t believe same-sex marriage will hurt America.
- Conservative celebrity Ann Coulter agreed to deliver the keynote speech to GOProud’s “Homocon” event in New York later this month – an engagement being shamelessly exploited by the group as further affirmation of its conservative bona fides.
While all of this was happening, there was no more than an undercurrent of conservative protest.
I stepped into the breach, first by disinviting Ann Coulter to WND’s “Taking America Back” conference, and now by challenging GOProud to an open and public debate on its real agenda.
It was inevitable that some would see my invitation to debate GOProud as contradictory to my position opposing Ann Coulter’s speech to the faux “conservative” homosexual activist group’s “Homocon” conference.
That’s why, before disinviting Coulter, I carefully asked her about her motivations for taking the speaking gig and how she viewed GOProud. She made it clear that she agreed with much of GOProud’s agenda and that she wasn’t concerned about how her appearance would bolster the group’s acceptance within conservative circles.
My intent is to expose GOProud’s stealthy agenda for all to see. My hope is that this event will awaken sleeping conservatives to the enemy that is now within its gates.
No matter what GOProud calls itself, it is not conservative. Its agenda includes:
- same-sex marriage
- hate-crimes legislation
- open homosexuality in the U.S. military services
- special perks for homosexuals and the “gay community”
- the promotion of sinful behavior as the basis for special and privileged political status.
Ironically, America has been having debates about these subjects, and average Americans have soundly rejected this agenda every chance they got. But conservatives have, for whatever reason, feared such a debate. Conservatives are in full retreat mode.
Why is this such a big deal?
Because I don’t believe there is any development that could more quickly destroy America’s ability to remain a self-governing society and the very fabric of western civilization than the tacit acceptance of these ideas – ideas that are steamrolling over our political and media culture.
There is no compromising with radical ideas like this. They need to be soundly rejected, repudiated, exposed and discarded.
That’s what I intend to do next week in Miami.
I hope you will do all you can to be there.