WASHINGTON – You know him as the leading teacher of personal evangelism in the world today – from his TV series "The Way of the Master," which he co-hosts with actor Kirk Cameron.
But Ray Comfort is much more than the man who makes street evangelism fun and easy on his television show seen throughout the world. He is also one of the most prolific Christian authors alive today.
Advertisement - story continues below
His ministry has been commended by David Wilkerson, Franklin Graham, Ravi Zacharius, Joni Eareckson Tada, John MacArthur, Josh McDowell and many other Christian leaders.
And you can best get to know him through his books.
Comfort is intrigued by atheists and evolutionary theory, thus, many of his most recent titles have focused on these issues:
Advertisement - story continues below
- In "Nothing Created Everything," Comfort confronts atheists with the hard truth of their own theory – namely that "nothing created everything." Since modern science has come to grips with the reality of the universe having a beginning, the key question that needs to be considered by every person on Earth is, "What or who created the universe?"
Then there's "You Can Lead an Atheist to Evidence, But You Can't Make Him Think." Yes, it's been said that "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink." If there is no thirst, the horse will not drink. The same is true for atheists. If there is no thirst for God, there will be no search for truth. Comfort assures us, however, that something more than the evidence of creation must spur the atheist to head for the truth. Is there real evidence for the existence of God? If God is in control, then why is there suffering and death? Is there any evidence for life after death? The answers are in this amazing book. With this offer, you also get "The Atheist Bible" and "The Charles Darwin Bible" free.
- In "God Doesn't Believe in Atheists," Comfort proves to atheists that they don't exist, reveals to agnostics their true motives, and strengthens the faith of the believers. This book answers questions such as "Who made God?" and "Where did Cain get his wife?" The book uses humor, reason, and logic to send a powerful message.
- In "Intelligent Design vs. Evolution," Comfort carries on a long e-mail conversation with a self-avowed atheist who thinks Ray is a complete idiot for believing the universe was created by God. Ray doesn't hit the delete button. Instead, he patiently answers the man's challenges one by one. Guess what starts to happen as the conversation advances. The debate is passionate, heated, personal, tender, humorous, and engaging. Ray punctuates each point he makes with an aside for the reader, explaining his rationale and giving the reader generous resource material. The net effect is a lesson in evangelism – perhaps the most unusual ever constructed.
- In "How to Know God Exists," Comfort argues the case with simple logic and common sense. If there is a God, surely He has made His presence known so that anyone, young or old, scholar or schoolchild, can find Him.
- In "Evolution: A Fairy Tale for Grownups," Comfort poses 101 questions to shake believers' blind faith in the theory. Well known evolutionists reveal in their own words the unscientific nature of that in which they have so blindly put their faith. After reading this book, the reader will be in the position to make a well-informed decision about the widely accepted, however poorly proven, theory of evolution.
In "What Your Nose Shows," Comfort takes some of these same puzzling, mysterious issues to children in an entertaining and enlightening message.
- Have you ever actually read Charles Darwin's "Origin of the Species"? Ray Comfort makes it easy to do so. So why are evolutionists so bugged at him for republishing it? Find out.
If you enjoy Ray Comfort's TV show and other works, you'll want to check out these other resources:
- "What Hollywood Believes" – Did you know that George Lucas produced "Star Wars" so young people would seek after God, or that Frank Sinatra believed in God and in the Sermon on the Mount? Which Hollywood stars are atheists? What did John Wayne say about God just before he died? How many Hollywood celebrities pray every day, and believe the Bible?
- "The Way of the Master" Season 1
- "The Way of the Master Season 2
- "The Way of the Master Season 3