A device for flushing out stuffed sinuses has been been linked to a deadly brain-eating amoeba.
The Louisiana Department of Health put out a warning last week about neti pots after two people in the state died from what is believed to be their improper use of the device.
The pots look like mini genie lamps and are used to irrigate the sinuses to relieve congestion from a cold or allergies.
Advertisement - story continues below
A 51-year-old woman and a 20-year-old man became infected with Naegleria fowleri - the so-called brain-eating amoeba - after using a neti pot filled with tap water instead of the recommended sterilized water, officials said in a news release.