As if the Obama administration's mandate that Catholic employers – against church doctrine – pay for their employees' birth control wasn't outrage enough to America's religious faithful …
Now faith and American freedom historian David Barton of WallBuilders has drafted a documented list of 50 anti-Christian and anti-Jewish actions Obama has taken since assuming office, leading Barton to conclude Barack Obama is actually "America's most biblically hostile U. S. president."
Advertisement - story continues below
"When one observes President Obama's unwillingness to accommodate America's four-century-long religious conscience protection through his attempts to require Catholics to go against their own doctrines and beliefs, one is tempted to say that he is anti-Catholic," Barton writes. "But that characterization would not be correct. Although he has recently singled out Catholics, he has equally targeted traditional Protestant beliefs."
Barton suggests his list – which includes links to stories from NBC, WND, the Los Angeles Times, Christianity Today and dozens of sources – demonstrates a pattern of "disrespectful and appalling treatment" toward anyone who holds to biblical values.
"Perhaps the most accurate description of his antipathy toward Catholics, Protestants, religious Jews and the Jewish nation would be to characterize him as 'anti-biblical,'" Barton writes. "And then when his hostility toward biblical people of faith is contrasted with his preferential treatment of Muslims and Muslim nations, it further strengthens the accuracy of the anti-biblical descriptor. In fact, there have been numerous clearly documented times when his pro-Islam positions have been the cause of his anti-biblical actions."
Among the 50 actions taken include the following:
- May 2009 – Obama declines to host services for the National Prayer Day (a day established by federal law) at the White House.
- Oct. 19, 2010 – Obama begins deliberately omitting the phrase about "the Creator" when quoting the Declaration of Independence – an omission he has made on no less than seven occasions.
- April 2011 – For the first time in American history, Obama urges passage of a non-discrimination law that does not contain hiring protections for religious groups, forcing religious organizations to hire according to federal mandates without regard to the dictates of their own faith, thus eliminating conscience protection in hiring.
- January 2011 – After a federal law was passed to transfer a WWI Memorial in the Mojave Desert to private ownership, the U. S. Supreme Court ruled that the cross in the memorial could continue to stand, but the Obama administration refused to allow the land to be transferred as required by law and refused to allow the cross to be re-erected as ordered by the Court.
- June 2011 – The Department of Veterans Affairs forbids references to God and Jesus during burial ceremonies at Houston National Cemetery.
- September 2011 – The Army issues guidelines for Walter Reed Medical Center stipulating that "No religious items (i.e. Bibles, reading materials and/or facts) are allowed to be given away or used during a visit."
- February 2012 – The Air Force removes "God" from the patch of Rapid Capabilities Office (the word on the patch was in Latin: Dei).
- February 2011 – Obama directs the Justice Department to stop defending the federal Defense of Marriage Act.
- May 2009 – While Obama does not host any National Day of Prayer event at the White House, he does host White House Iftar dinners in honor of Ramadan.
- 2010 – While every White House traditionally issues hundreds of official proclamations and statements on numerous occasions, this White House avoids traditional biblical holidays and events but regularly recognizes major Muslim holidays, as evidenced by its 2010 statements on Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, and Eid-ul-Adha.
Advertisement - story continues below
"Many of these actions are literally unprecedented – this is the first time they have happened in four centuries of American history," Barton concludes following the full list. "The hostility of President Obama toward biblical faith and values is without equal from any previous American president."