(NEWS.com.au) — A 2-year-old girl may have survived on chocolate Easter eggs for up to five days after her mother died in southern NSW.
The dehydrated two-year-old was discovered by local priest who helped a concerned neighbour gain access to the house in Ashmont, near Wagga Wagga, on Friday afternoon.
The body of the 36-year-old mother was also inside the home.
Advertisement - story continues below
Ambulance officers treated the girl and she was taken to Wagga Wagga Base Hospital in a serious condition.
The toddler may have been alone in the house for up to five days before neighbours alerted police.