(FOX NEWS) — A Farmington Hills woman has died after contracting a flesh-eating bacteria, FOX 2 reported.
According to her husband Jeff, 33-year-old Crystal Spencer died Sunday afternoon. Doctors believe she developed a blood clot that traveled to her heart.
"She was supposed to be going to a recovery center," Spencer said.
Advertisement - story continues below
It was earlier this month when friends and family say Crystal didn't feel well after getting a growth removed from her leg at Botsford Hospital.
"You can pick up bad bugs in the hospital, and then you might be dealing with kind of a supercharged, super-guerrilla bacteria that is just going to fly through your tissues," said the DMC's Dr. Joel Kahn.