Now that President Obama has been re-elected, how will he attempt to complete the fundamental transformation of America first pledged in 2008?
The New York Times bestselling book “Fool Me Twice: Obama’s Shocking Plans for the Next Four Years Exposed” may now be more relevant than ever.
The work, by Aaron Klein and Brenda Elliott, documents Obama’s specific, second-term agenda in all major policy areas, including the economy, jobs immigration reform, healthcare, the military and electoral reform.
The specific plans uncovered in the book have one major theme – massive, unprecedented government involvement in the private sector.
Obama has made clear he will use the next four years to push the generalized themes of “economic fairness” and a “new economic patriotism.” However, the president has not endeavored to define those mantras in detail.
“Fool Me Twice” not only uncovers the socialist origins of the “economic fairness” term but spells out the specific, second-term policy prescriptions recommended to the president by the very progressive groups, activists and advisers behind Obama’s first-term agenda.
Among the second-term Obama policies detailed in the book:
- An expansive, de facto amnesty program for illegal aliens via executive order and interagency directives linked with a reduction in the capabilities of the U.S. Border Patrol and plans to bring in untold numbers of new immigrants with the removal of caps on H-1B visas and green cards.
- Government-funded, neighborhood-based programs to better integrate the newly amnestied immigrants into society, including education centers and health-care centers. A “federal solution” to ensure that the amnestied immigrants are treated “equitably” across the United States.
- The re-creation of a 21st century version of FDR’s Works Progress Administration program within the Department of Labor that would oversee a massive new bureaucracy and millions of new federal jobs;
- Specific plans for a National Infrastructure Bank. This entity would “evaluate and finance infrastructure projects ‘of substantial regional and national importance’” and would finance “transportation infrastructure, housing, energy, telecommunications, drinking water, wastewater, and other infrastructures.”
- Wresting control of the military budget from Congress by attempting to place an “independent panel” in charge of military spending while slashing the defense budget in shocking ways.
- The vastly reduced resources of the U.S. armed forces will be spread even thinner by using them to combat “global warming,” fight global poverty, remedy “injustice,” bolster the United Nations and step up use of “peacekeeping” deployments;
- A new “green” stimulus program and the founding of a federal “green” bank or “Energy Independence Trust,” which would borrow from the federal treasury to provide low-cost financing to private-sector investments in “clean energy.”
- Detailed plans to nudge closer to a single-payer health-care system controlled by the federal government.
- Federal government intervention to determine the “value” of individual jobs in the private sector instead of allowing employers to pay what they want.
- The enactment of a “living wage” that would force all employers to increase the salaries of the nation’s workers to meet “basic needs” such as housing, food, utilities, transportation, health care and recreation.
Media wishing to interview Aaron Klein or Brenda Elliott should write to [email protected]