Hunt for the word "homophobia" – purportedly a fear of homosexuality – and Merriam-Webster, the ADL, Wikipedia, Oxford Dictionary, The Free Dictionary, the Reference Dictionary and others are ready to provide help.
But look for "homofascism" – the use of homosexuality to bludgeon and batter the religious rights of Christians and others – and the logical resources are silent, leaving it to blogs and others to define.
Advertisement - story continues below
For example, at DefendProclaimtheFaith.org, a blogger wrote, "In light of all the information that I already posted and current information in this digest, I believe I may have coined a phrase. I am no longer titling the information as homosexual but homofascism. … I am going to use it because it fits this movement."
It's not hard to recognize. It's when:
- Homosexual activists charge the medical establishment with "homophobia" for reporting that people living the homosexual lifestyle have a much higher prevalence of HIV and other STDs, and yet using that very same information to complain the group's health issues are ignored.
- Or when a 14-year-old receives death threats for defending traditional/natural marriage.
- Or when those who advocate defining marriage as between a man and a woman face intimidation, vandalism, racial scapegoating, blacklisting, loss of employment, economic hardships, angry protests, violence, at least one death threat, and gross expressions of anti-religious bigotry.
- Or when a 15-year-old, Brandon Wegner, is punished for sharing his opinion that homosexual couples should not be able to adopt.
- Or when a homosexual activist demands a lawyer not be hired because of past support for traditional marriage.
- Or a pastor is threatened with death for speaking against special protections based on sexual orientation.
Rev. Scott Lively, who works with Defend the Family, now also has begun working with pastors and churches in Oklahoma City, under the banner of Oklahomans for the 1st Amendment, to take back Christians' rights to believe, live and express their biblical beliefs.
Essentially, the goal of the program is to affirm that the First Amendment right to freedom of speech and religion trumps laws set up to promote homosexuality by setting aside quotas for hiring and such.
Advertisement - story continues below
Lively told WND the effort was launched in Oklahoma for a number of reasons, including that the state is fairly conservative and the special "rights" for homosexuals still are a mostly new idea there.
"The idea is to accomplish somewhere in the nation an amendment of sexual orientation regulations ... as an example to the rest of the nation," he said.
The idea, with variations, could be applied to governments, corporations, or anything else.
He said such "gay" set-asides are sold to the public as a shield against attacks on homosexuals, but the homosexuals use the special provisions as a sword to attack the rights of Christians.
The campaign's goal is simply to return that status to being a shield, he said.
Advertisement - story continues below
The Oklahoma group's members say they "believe in the supremacy of the First Amendment for freedom of speech, the freedom of the press, the right to assemble peacefully as the people desire, and the right to petition the government to make things right if it has caused them harm."
They "believe these rights have been given by God and not by the state – thus, the state has no authority to take these rights."
"That any non-discrimination ordinance in any city regulations include the following statement: 'In no circumstances shall sexual orientation regulations supersede the First Amendment rights of individuals, churches and religious organizations to freedom of speech and the free exercise of religion."
Advertisement - story continues below
Its website includes a petition.
Lively said in an open society such as that in the United States, "We as people have to be willing to put up with other people's speech … Others have been willing to do that – except the 'gays.'"
Obtaining a foothold in one location, he said, will allow a springboard effect to other cities, counties and states.
Lively's long list of other incidents that show abuse of Christians' rights:
- Edmond police are investigating after a church pastor reported receiving death threats since speaking out against a proposal to add sexual orientation to Oklahoma City's equal employment protections.
- A student was suspended for saying homosexuality is wrong.
- Here's an LGBT publication desperately and through the use of unrelated arguments trying to convince people that they're not getting the whole story and that the student harassed the teacher for the teacher being homosexual.
- Catholic Professor Kenneth Howell was fired for teaching natural law, which includes the topic of homosexual conduct.
- Homosexualists, ignoring context, get a Dire Straits song banned in Canada.
- A homosexual couple sues Bed & Breakfast, because owners moral beliefs couldn't allow homosexual sex to be engaged in on their property.
- Police report documenting extensive amount of death threats made by homosexualists during the Prop 8 ordeal.
- New Jersey teacher suspended for not approving of attempts to homosexualize children on her own Facebook in her own home.
- Prince has stated the he believes that God ordained marriage between one man and one woman only. In the following pro-homosexual article, Wendy and Lisa responded with, "Until he calls Lisa and I up and apologizes to us personally, we don't want anything to do with his projects again."
This short documentary covers FIRE's case at Missouri State University, where social work student Emily Brooker was threatened with expulsion after she refused (as a matter of personal belief) to send a signed letter to the Missouri state legislature in favor of homosexual foster parenting and adoption:
- Macy's fires employee for protecting women's dressing rooms from a cross-dresser.
- Grad student at Augusta State University who sued the school over a clash between her grad program requirements and her religious beliefs on homosexual behavior.
- In a Mexican case, Fr. Hugo Valdemar was found guilty on July 1st of illegal political activity because he stated that Catholics should not vote for candidates who support same-sex marriage.
- ACLU sues "family-friendly" inn for refusing to host lesbian wedding reception.
- Crystal Dixon loses her job at University of Toledo for writing a piece to express the faulty comparison between homosexuality and race/skin color.
- Homosexual manager at Cisco Systems gets Dr. Frank Turek fired.
- Allstate fired manager for Christian beliefs on homosexuality.
- A Swedish pastor who preached a sermon on the Biblical prohibitions against homosexual behavior is waiting to see if the Supreme Court of Sweden will send him to jail for six months for doing so.
- Chick-fil-A and homosexual intolerance.
- A Christian street preacher was arrested and locked in a cell for telling a passer-by that homosexuality is a sin in the eyes of God.
- Lexington, Mass., father of 6-year-old arrested, spends night in jail over objections to homosexual curriculum in son's kindergarten class. Homosexuals invading a church and throwing condoms all over the place.
- Catholic mom-blogger threatened by pro-homosexual "Catholic" students.
- Homosexual activists are exploiting tragedies to silence religious opponents.
- The calls for Melanie Phillips to be killed this week prove the bedrock values of our society are in grave danger.
- State Sen. Ruben Diaz and family hit with death threats over stance on same sex "marriage" issue.
- eHarmony sued for not including same-sex couple options.
- Apple, who boasts about their diversity, can't seem to show the same towards former homosexuals. Exodus App removed.
- Smith College kicks off Speaker Ryan Sorba for his "born gay hoax" presentation.
- WNER says Prop 8 opponents hacked into LDS site.
- Jose Nunez, 37, received 16 stitches after pro-gay-marriage protesters beat him when he tried to hand out pro-Prop-8 signs at his church. Only WND and local religious media are reporting it.
- Death threats/wishes on Mormons right from pro-homosexual publication San Francisco Chronicle
- Carrie Prejean harassed by homosexual activist (Perez Hilton) for expressing the biblical view of marriage.
- Mississippi school sued by ACLU for canceling prom over lesbian couple attended after memorandum from the school given to students, dated Feb. 5, which states that prom dates must be of the opposite sex.
- Teen entrenched in open homosexuality sues to force school to hold prom.
- Pro-Christian and pro-family groups labeled as "hate" groups by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
- Firefighters forced to attend "gay" pride parade where they endured a barrage of sexual taunts and lewd gestures.
- A Christian couple opposed to homosexual behavior because of their faith, lost a court battle on Monday over the right to become foster parents.
- Mexico City authorities say they have been forced to close the last cars on five different subway lines during late night service because homosexuals have “taken over” the cars to engage in sex acts.
- A Christian photographer in New Mexico was found guilty last week of breaking state law for refusing to take pictures of a lesbian ceremony, as if it's a civil right to have your picture taken by somebody of your choice.
- The Catholic Diocese of Rockford, Ill., announced the closing of their adoption agencies last week, forced out of service due to new legislation that would oblige them to service homosexual couples.
- There’s a homosexual nightclub in Tampa called the HoneyPot that has one night open for those who have a preference for the opposite sex. Imagine what would happen if a regular night club advertised that they only allow homosexuals in 1 night a week?
- Here’s a self-admitted left-wing homosexual journalist on left-wing site who admits that there has always been a link between homosexual behavior and fascism.
- Homosexual activist "leader" of the so-called "It Gets Better" Campaign conducted an act of hate (germ warfare) on a Republican candidate Gary Bauer for his view on same-sex "marriage."
Self-proclaimed "gay, anarchist group" storms church service declaring, "Jesus is a homo!" Local news poll finds majority of viewers support the protest:
- Old lady gets cross taken out of her hands, thrown to the ground and trampled on.
- Street preacher in Britain gets arrested.
- Homosexual activists publicly publish names of Prop 8 donors.
- Homosexual activists call for a boycott of donations to Salvation Army.
- They even have created a Facebook page for it, and take a look at the comments made by the homosexualists throughout the page.
- Woman exploits 8-year-old son in publicity stunt.
- Bricks, including threatening note, are thrown through window at Christian Liberation Academy by homosexual activists.
- What should Christian student groups be allowed?
- Is history repeating itself in some way, shape, or form?
- Looks like it has.
Attack on Christianity. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again:
- Facebook, Google, etc showing bias against Christians.
- A Christian pediatrician who was dismissed from an adoption panel over her belief that children should not be placed with same-sex couples.
- A homosexual group has filed a discrimination complaint against Hands On Originals: Christian Outfitters after the company refused to honor a bid to produce apparel for an event that promotes homosexuality.
- Soros-funded "civil rights" group in New York files huge, 47-page lawsuit in federal court accusing Pastor Scott Lively of "crimes against humanity" — for pro-family speeches in Uganda.
- The group that allegedly smashed up a Portland church hopes its “small act of vengeance will strike fear into the hearts of” Christian leaders who teach traditional sexual morality, according to an e-mail message the group released to the public.
- Consumer rights under attack: California senator introduces legislation that undermines parental authority and the therapist–client relationship.