(ABCNEWS.GO) — Megan Provost ate a salad at Olive Garden six days before the onset of what she called the worst stomach bug of her life.
"I felt like somebody socked me in the stomach," Provost, a 29-year-old banker, said. "I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy."
After learning about the multi-state cyclospora outbreak tied to Olive Garden in Nebraska and Iowa, she said she's "100 percent sure" that she had the illness caused by a one-celled parasite and spread through contaminated food. Cyclospora has sickened 425 people in 16 states so far.
Advertisement - story continues below