Well! Obamacare is safe from the Republicans!
Some of the benefits:
- Everyone can (must) sign up for insurance (or pay a fine).
- It will just take a few clicks on an easy-to-use computer link. (Trust me!)
- Previously uninsurable people will now be eligible regardless of their health.
- Millions more Americans will be covered, the total cost will be lower.
- There will be no increase in taxes nor the U.S. national debt.
- You'll have a wide choice of policy options.
- Competition will keep prices down (at least one company will be available).
- You can keep your old insurance (unless your company cancels it).
- You can keep your old doctor (unless he leaves medical practice or is not allowed by your new policy).
- You will "save $2,500 per year." (Well, maybe not you, but that's the average.)
- The deductibles (up to $10,000 or more with 40 percent co-pays) will be no problem.
- Your insurance bill will just be "like a cell-phone bill."
Advertisement - story continues below
Surely in 2014 and 2016 Americans will remember with great appreciation the politicians who gave them this wonderful new plan and will vote accordingly.
Charles E. Baker