(NEWS) — US health officials have warned people to stop eating a famous holiday food known as the "Cannibal sandwich," after it led to food poisoning outbreaks.
The sandwich, which includes raw ground beef topped with onions and served on crackers or bread was linked to an E. coli outbreak in the state of Wisconsin last year, which was suspected of sickening 17 people and sending eight to the hospital.
This year the Center for Disease Control and Prevention has warned residents to avoid it.
Advertisement - story continues below
"We want everyone to have a wonderful holiday season and don't want anyone to be sick," said Abbey Canon, an epidemic intelligence service officer at the Wisconsin Department of Health.