(Al-Jazeera) U.S. policy on drone strikes has been questioned by a rights group who say a strike on a wedding procession killed civilians, not al-Qaeda fighters, as previously claimed by US officials.
Rights group Human Rights Watch (HRW) published a 28-page report on Thursday that said all the victims of a December 2013 drone strike were civilians, citing witnesses and relatives of the victims. The strike in the city of Radaa in Yemen's central province of al-Bayda killed 12 people and seriously injured 14 others.
The findings "raises serious concerns about U.S. forces’ compliance with President Barack Obama’s targeted killing policy," the report said, demanding an investigation.
Advertisement - story continues below