(London Telegraph) It was a case of out of the frying pan, into the fire. Or, to be more precise, out of the blazing car and into the lion's den.
A family had to flee their people carrier after suffering the misfortune of seeing it catch fire in perhaps the worst place possible - the middle of the big cat enclosure at Longleat Safari Park.
The mother and her two children had to get out after the vehicle overheated and started smoking as they were passing through the enclosure, which is home to 12 lions.
Advertisement - story continues below