REDWOOD CITY (KPIX) — More than 50 attendees attending an NAACP gala in Redwood City Saturday evening were sickened by a case of possible food poisoning.
At least twelve people were taken to local hospitals and treated for dehydration, according to the San Jose Mercury News. Several others transported themselves to hospitals.
Cynthia Adams, 2nd vice president of the Oakland NAACP, told KPIX 5 there may be as 100 people who became ill. The official said that she had to transport half a dozen kids to the hospital, and at least one of them is still hospitalized late Tuesday night.
Advertisement - story continues below