From "I'm in" and "Ready for revolution" to "Just do it," WND readers on Monday sounded off on WND CEO Joseph Farah's commentary titled "Boehner and McConnell must go."
It followed the latest move by powerful Republicans in Washington to not exercise the basic power they hold as majority in the House to not fund objectionable programs, specifically Obamacare and amnesty.
"'Betrayal' is not a strong enough term for what he [Boehner] did," Farah wrote. "Treachery is more appropriate. He's not only ripping America and his party apart, he's compounding the deep disillusionment in our political institutions that anyone must feel who is not under the hypnotic spell of today's Democrats who subscribe to a by-any-means-necessary ethos."
Advertisement - story continues below
That combination, wrote Farah, "could prove to be lethal to the party in 2016."
"Their actions strongly suggest there is not much difference between the parties."
The commentary promised a plan, if readers were "as frustrated and angry as I am."
"Are you ready to start the Republican revolution?" he asked.
Advertisement - story continues below
The response was a resounding yes.
Read what they said:
- Tim Woodward: "I'm with you. They must go, because their actions are antithetical to the wishes of the people. "
- John Riddle: "I'm in. It breaks my heart to see what's happening to America. If there is a way to not just put the brakes on the trend that's been accelerating over the past 50 years but to begin to roll it back, I'm all in."
- J. Mueller: "Whatever your plan is, I want to hear it. As for myself and my family, things are tight, but in all truth, we could still get by with less. And I'd gladly give up whatever necessary today to ensure my children's future."
- Louis A. Turk: "I agree totally that Boehner and McConnell must go. Those two traitors are the biggest problem America faces right now."
- Charles Flynn: "You said: 'I actually have a plan that would make your voice heard inexpensively, without big time commitments.' AWESOME!! DO IT. PLEASE!!!"
- Roy Godwin: "John Boehner and Mitch McConnell have to go. I’m with you."
- Jeanne Potosky: "Yes, I too am disgusted with the cowards in Washington who only care about their power rather than the welfare of this nation. I believe that we must oust these bums and raise up true leaders who are willing to risk everything, just as our founding fathers did."
- W. Ron Bobby: "Letting you know that I want these two to be replaced by others who will be sure to stand up for us voters. Await for your actually more effective move for starting the Republican revolution!"
- Randall Weisman: "I completely agree with you. With the exception of a few tea party Republicans in both houses, I've been terribly disappointed in this party, looking (hopelessly) to the Libertarians for those who care about fiscal restraint and minimalist adherence to the Constitution."
- Richard Schmitt: "You are right. Boehner and McConnell must go. A 'Democrat-lite' is still a Democrat, and Democrats are not what they were when I was a young man (I’m 66)."
- Lila Winters: "I'm in all the way!! These two are traitors in my opinion."
- Bryce Morningstar: "I am willing to make any necessary sacrifice for my country for the sake of my posterity. May GOD Bless the true patriots of the USA."
- Pete Hall: "Thank God!! Getting rid of those two traitors should have happened long ago. I'm with you all the way."
- Richard Gillis: "We need Ted Cruz or a Ted Cruz. Anyone with less conservative/traditional values is anathema to individual freedom here in America. I am prepared to 'storm the Bastille.'"
- Mary L. Wright: "Unlike the Dums who never acknowledge any problems in their ranks, we Republicans do not revere or support idiots. Let's show 'em who really runs the party!"
- Rick Lewhald: "I'm interested in true Republicanism taking back the Republican Party. What do you have in mind?"
- Jack Odom: "WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP CHANGE THE COURSE OF THIS NATION?"
- Walt Froehlich: "I agree with you McConnell and Boehner must go and be replaced with true conservatives who will not only help take the country back from the establishment but will also bring Reagan principles back from the grave."
- Richard Mager: "I WANT THE LEADERSHIP CHANGED! These (2) people are sellouts."
- Karen Sensenig: "I am with you on this, but not only do we need to get rid of Boehner and McConnell but also Obama! Does your plan involve that?!"
- Jon Threlkeld: "I am open to anything … at this point."
- Thomas Wright: "To read your article this morning was so welcome. I have been thinking the very same thing, get rid of Boehner, for a long time now."
- Randall Woodard: "I’m in for the revolt against the traitor Republicans!"
- Michael Wilson: "I've been ready for action for quite some time."
- Sue Quinlan: "Yes, I want to stop them! They are utterly despicable, lying through their teeth to patriots who only want to save America. Contemptible."
- Robert Collins: "I am with you 100 percent on the issue of the desperate need to shake up and wake up our Republican leaders in D.C."
- John Hazelwood, "Boehner & McConnell Must Go, Period."
- "Ronnymac," "Count me in!"
- Gil Effron: "I am frustrated beyond belief. There is no logic, no common sense in Washington and, as you point out, no leadership coming from Boehner or McConnell."
- Don Coleman: "They need to be replaced with real leaders."
- Steven Mullins: "I'm in. We must do something."
- Dave Shaver: "I am with you. I agree totally with you. I thank God for you and others like you who are telling the world the truth."
- Richard Swezey:"You nailed it – treachery & betrayal by the current Republican leadership. Yes, let us know what we must do to effect the change!"
- Greg Anderson: "I’m in, let’s do something."
- Bob Hammond: "Let's do it."
- Ken Ulicny: "Yes, I'm willing to make the sacrifice needed to save this country from not only the Democrats but the establishment Republicans. Please share your idea, and let's see if we can make it happen before it's too late."
- Stephen Rahal: "I'm in. What's your plan?"