Scores of Baltimore-area youths rushed a white man, 61, and beat him viciously.

Baltimore-area police have arrested two – and more will likely follow – in the case of a mob of black high school youths rushing a 61-year-old white man outside his home and beating him so badly he was placed in a medically induced coma.

One police spokesman for the Dundalk, Maryland, force called the attack vicious.

“This is not a simple fist fight,” he said, to WBAL-TV “This is a brutal assault.”

The incident began when the man, Richard Fletcher, noticed two girls fighting near his truck and went outside to intervene. That’s when a mass of youths, mostly from the nearby Baltimore Community High School, attacked him.

A neighbor described the extent of Fletcher’s injuries, telling WBAL he had to get a blood transfusion, stitches on his face, and had suffered bleeding on the brain, a broken nose and broken ribs. Police officials say the man was placed in a medically induced coma for several days.

Black mobs routinely terrorize cities across the country, but the media and government are silent. Read the detailed account of rampant racial crime in “White Girl Bleed A Lot: The Return of Racial Violence to America and How the Media Ignore It.”

Police say they’ve arrested two – both juveniles – and one will be tried as an adult.

Residents of the neighborhood said the youths have been terrorizing the area for some time, committing acts that range from petty theft to major property damages.

“You wouldn’t believe it. Everybody goes in the house and shuts their door. You have to live like a prisoner. But when I came down and seen that man, it made you totally sick,” a resident told the TV station.


Concerned citizens have started a GoFundMe page to raise money for the victim’s medical bills, which they estimate could hit $400,000. Postings on that page also indicated Fletcher was disabled and “this gentleman did not deserve any of this.”

Baltimore, meanwhile, has been in a high state of tension for nearly a week, due to the death of Freddie Gray, a police suspect who was taken into custody and later transported to the hospital for treatment of a spinal injury. He died several days later. Friday, law enforcement officials are expected to release the results of his medical report.

Related Stories

“Freddie Gray’s death ruled a homicide”

“Prosecutor resigns after ‘shoot protesters’ Facebook post”

“Michael Moore: Release black inmates, ‘disarm’ police”

“Arresting Freddie Gray cop had psychiatric problems”

“Rioters, again, turn violent without knowing why”

“Urban unrest coming to a town near you”

“‘Brutal’ black-on-white mob attack near Baltimore”

Note: Read our discussion guidelines before commenting.