(FOXNEWS) — Accidental carbon monoxide poisoning killed a single father and his seven children in their one-story Maryland Eastern Shore home on Monday, police said.
Lloyd Edwards told the Associated Press that his stepson, 36-year-old Rodney Todd, had bought a generator after the power was shut off to the home in Princess Anne, about 60 miles southeast of Annapolis. Edwards told the AP that the victims included Todd and Todd's two sons and five daughters.
"It was just disbelief. It's so hard. How can you understand something like this?" Edwards said. "He was an outstanding dad. ... To keep his seven children warm, he bought a generator, and the carbon monoxide consumed them."
Advertisement - story continues below