(MYFOXAUSTIN) — Think you’re safe from lighting inside your home? Think again. A Lake Travis High School student was struck by lightning while opening the fridge. Her dad was also injured and their house has noticeable damage.

On Memorial Day, Macie Martinez and her parents had just come out of the pantry of their home in dripping springs where they had been taking cover during a tornado warning.

Macie opened the refrigerator to grab a snack and lightning struck her home.

“I hear an explosion and my daughter screaming and the worst scream I had ever heard anybody scream and the house went dark and I look over and she’s shaking and screaming,” said Misty Villarreal.

Macie’s dad had to pull her off the fridge.

Note: Read our discussion guidelines before commenting.