(CBSNEWS) — A young woman went blind in one eye within 24 hours after catching a flesh-eating bacteria during a mud run in Dallas this month.
"My eye started hurting, like maybe I've got mud or some debris in there," Brittany Williams, who finished her first mud run two weeks ago, told CBS DFW. "When I opened my eye, it was just like white. The whole room was white."
Advertisement - story continues below
Williams said the debris cut her eye, allowing flesh-eating bacteria to destroy her cornea. "It just completely melted off of my eye."