(The Guardian) A motorist scared of spiders gave himself a double shock when he accidentally set a gas station on fire trying to get rid of one using a cigarette lighter.
The man told authorities he saw a spider on his gas tank as he went to fill up and unwisely decided to use a lighter to remove it.
Video footage from the gas station in the city of Center Line, Michigan, shows the man's horror as he realises what has happened, and flames quickly envelope the pump and, presumably, the spider.
Advertisement - story continues below
Gas station employee told Fox 2 on Friday: "He didn't have a cigarette. He didn't have anything on him. All of a sudden I look out and I see flames."