In light of the massacre in Paris, Barack Obama says he hasn't heard of any better ideas about how to deal with ISIS.
Let me suggest a few:
- Stop the U.S. war designed to destabilize Syrian President Bashar Assad. There are two primary causes of the refugee crisis that has flooded Europe with so-called "refugees," at least some of whom are terrorists posing as refugees. Obama has pushed the war on Assad when he may be the best option for Syria – at least at the moment. A Syria without Assad would almost certainly result in a bigger disaster than we currently face. Have we learned nothing from the toppling of Saddam Hussein in Iraq and Moammar Gadhafi in Libya?
- Stop recruiting tens of thousands of unscreened Muslim "refugees" into the U.S. How is it even possible that some, including the Obama administration, see no connection between this "refugee" crisis and the ISIS attacks when at least one of the attackers entered France as a so-called "refugee"?
- If we have a national heart for "refugees," how about welcoming into the U.S. the victims of ISIS rather than the perpetrators. ISIS is an exclusively Sunni Muslim organization. ISIS targets non-Sunnis – including Christians and other minority religious groups. For more than 100 years, Christian victims of Islamic oppression have sought refuge in the U.S., and nearly all of them have become good citizens, productive, hard-working people who assimilate into the U.S. within one generation. My own grandparents were among these Syrian and Lebanese Christians. They didn't come for welfare. They came for religious freedom and a chance to work hard and make a living in the greatest country on earth. They didn't come to change America. They came to support it and make it their home for generations to come.
- Seal the borders just as France has belatedly done.
- Bomb the snot out of ISIS in Syria and Iraq in a well-coordinated campaign with Russia.
- Organize an international coalition to boycott ISIS oil, which is supporting its terrorist campaigns and its slaughter of Christians and anyone who is not a Sunni Muslim. It's hard to believe the international community is more interested in boycotting Israel, the only free country in the Middle East and the only Jewish state in the world, while buying oil from anyone including ISIS. If we're afraid to do this because it will make us a target, think again – we already are. They are coming for us just as surely as they came after France.
- Support Israel. Support Jordan. Last I heard, Jordan wants to defend itself and even go on the offensive against ISIS. Why not supply it with the weapons it desires? Jordan is on the front lines facing destabilization by ISIS. We can ill afford another refugee crisis on top of the one we have.
- Support the Kurds. Give them everything they need to repel ISIS and attack its tentacles. Recognize that Turkey is not at war with ISIS not matter what its leaders say. If it were, ISIS wouldn't stand a chance, operating training bases in Turkey and being offered at least limited safe harbor.
- Dump support for the Palestinian Authority and its terrorism against Israel. The PA is tacitly supporting ISIS, claiming Israel was behind the attack on Paris. Who in Washington believes this stuff? Why are we funding the PA while it continues its campaign of terrorism against Israel? Even Hamas deplored the Paris attacks – as did Hezbollah and the Islamic Jihad, but not the PA, which remains a U.S.-supported terrorist organization.
Advertisement - story continues below
I could continue, but what's the use?
Obama thinks ISIS is a JV team. He announced a day before the attack that ISIS was "contained." He insists he's doing everything he can to fight ISIS. Do you believe that? He thinks Republicans and anyone in America who disagrees with his insidious ideas and policies is a graver danger to the Western world than ISIS.
Media wishing to interview Joseph Farah, please contact [email protected].
Advertisement - story continues below