The dialogue in the public square for years now regarding America’s illegal immigration crisis, and all the repercussions we are experiencing from same, has become almost deafening, if not totally mind-numbing. Every conceivable viewpoint is endlessly debated and yet, at this point, the discourse has still rendered no mutually agreeable position to which a majority of Americans can subscribe.
Perhaps a brief, but serious, evaluation of a few unemotional statistics would bring some degree of rational thought to the conversation and maybe even reduce the politically correct nonsense running rampant at every level of American discourse. Our second president, John Adams, once said, “Facts are stubborn things.” Facts can neutralize conflict. Since “the facts of a case” are good enough for our 227-year-old justice system, they should certainly be adequate for honest and fair resolution to this debate on illegal immigration.
The latest terrorist attack in San Bernardino, California, where two attackers killed 14 and injured 21, including two police officers at a county employee meeting and Christmas party, brought to mind the following information I read in a recent column written by a friend of mine.
Richard Corbeil, a popular columnist for Florida newspaper The Apopka Chief, recently reported the following, attributed to freelance reporter Tina Griego. The information is, at the least, as the saying goes, “verrrry interesting.”
Here are the stats. You can reach your own conclusions:
1) Eighty percent of Americans demand secure borders and that illegal immigration be stopped.
2) In California, if the 3.5 million illegals were returned to Mexico, a savings of $10.2 billion could be spent on overloaded school systems, bankrupt hospitals and overrun prisons.
3) In Colorado, if a half-million illegals, plus their 300,000 kids and grandkids, would return to Mexico, it would save the state an estimated $2 billion a year (some experts say $7 billion) in schooling, medical, social service and prison costs.
4) As many as 12,000 gang members would vanish out of Denver.
5) Denver public schools would not suffer a 67 percent dropout/flunk rate from illegal alien students speaking 41 different languages.
6) In Florida, 1.5 million departing illegals would return the Sunshine State to the rule of law.
7) In Chicago, 2.1 million departing illegals would free up hospitals, schools, prisons and highways for a safer, more crime-free experience.
8) If 20 million illegals were deported, employers would hire citizens at living wages, resulting in an additional $401 billion in IRS income taxes, with an equal amount for local, state and city coffers.
9) Overcrowded schools with more than 2 million illegals are costing billions in ESL (English as a Second Language classes) and free breakfasts and lunches.
10) As many as 15,000 MS-13 gang members (classified by some as “the most dangerous”) who distribute $30 billion in drugs annually would vacate our country.
11) Over $80 billion would not return to illegals’ home countries by cash transfers.
12) At least 500,000 anchor babies would not be born in our country, costing us $109 billion per cycle.
13) At least 86 hospitals in California, Georgia and Florida would still be operating, not bankrupted out of existence because illegals pay nothing via the EMTALA (Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act). Between $14 billion and $22 billion is spent each year on welfare to illegals.
14) $7.5 billion is spent each year on Medicaid for illegals.
15) $12 billion is spent each year on primary and secondary education for illegal children – and they still can’t speak English.
16) $27 billion is spent each year for educating anchor babies.
17) More than 16 percent of all federal prisoners are illegals.
18) It costs $42 billion each year for illegals getting welfare and social services.
19) Nearly one million sex crimes are committed by illegals in the U.S. every year.
20) A low estimate of the total cost to the U.S. of illegals per year equals $538 billion and growing!
Maybe you can articulate the shock value better than I. Believe it or not, the above information actually left me speechless; all I could do was shake my head. It’s time to make a statement in the voting booth in the next national election.
Have you ever wondered what African-Americans want, and why they vote Democratic? Do you know how slavery actually began in America? Ben Kinchlow’s best-selling book “Black Yellowdogs” breaks race and politics down in black and white. Get your copy today!
Media wishing to interview Ben Kinchlow, please contact [email protected].