(Fox News) Tennessee officials said Tuesday that a hoverboard was to blame for destroying a $1 million home in January and leaving the family homeless.
Nashville Fire Department Spokesman Brian Haas said the two teens who lived at the home heard a noise downstairs at 11:40 a.m. on Jan. 9. When teens rushed down to see what the noise was, their entire first floor was in flames.
Haas said it was a hoverboard that burst into flames, which started the blaze.
Advertisement - story continues below
Brian Fox, the teens' father, caught his 16-year-old daughter as she leapt from second floor to escape the flames, according to The Tennessean. Fox then rushed to get a ladder to help his 14-year-old son get out of the house from the second floor.
The teens suffered only minor injuries. The Foxes have two other children, a 12-year-old and a 5-year-old, according to The Tennessean.