(DELAWARE ONLINE) — Female students involved in the deadly assault of Amy Inita Joyner-Francis last week were removed from Howard High School of Technology until more details are released in the case, according to school officials.
The girls have been out of school since the assault inside a girl's bathroom Thursday, April 21, district spokeswoman Kathy Demarest said Tuesday. The school is waiting on more information from investigating authorities before making any more decisions. Wilmington police Chief Bobby Cummings said Monday night that charges will be filed against girls involved, potentially by the end of the week.
He has not said what those charges may be.
Advertisement - story continues below