With Donald Trump reminding the nation of the mysterious circumstances surrounding the death of Clinton aide Vince Foster in 1993, conservative firebrand Ann Coulter couldn’t resist chiming in with a comical, conspiratorial tweet Tuesday afternoon.
“One question: On the day that Vince Foster was shot, do we know where Ted Cruz’s father was?” Coulter tweeted.
One question: On the day that Vince Foster was shot, do we know where Ted Cruz’s father was?
— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) May 24, 2016
The mention of Cruz’s father was a reference to Trump’s suggestion on national television this month that Rafael Cruz, the father of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, may have had some sort of connection to the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
Related stories (story continues below):
The National Enquirer recently reported: “Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz’s Cuban-born dad was caught on camera in New Orleans – alongside Lee Harvey Oswald – just three months before the assassin killed President John F. Kennedy!”
The problem with that claim, however, is that no confirmation exists.
But Trump added fuel to the fire when he told Fox News in early May: “His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald’s being – you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous. What is this, right prior to his being shot, and nobody even brings it up. They don’t even talk about that. That was reported, and nobody talks about it. I mean, what was he doing – what was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death? Before the shooting? It’s horrible.”
After four hours of Coulter’s tweet being online, it had received more than 600 likes and was retweeted more than 200 times.
It has received a wide variety of responses, from serious to silly, including:
- “Omg you are the most despicable person besides Trump. Karma will get you one day. Can’t wait.
- “So you’re admitting Trump is an insane conspiracy theorist, unfit to be POTUS?”
- “Do we know where Trump was? I heard Foster was killed with a gun fitted with a smaller than average grip.”
- “He was lighting Castro’s cigar.”
- “His alibi was that he had a meeting that day w/ the Zodiac Killer.”
- “He was mediating/ suing for the USFL & NJ Generals and caused a total collapse of the league. Oh Wait …”
- “Please give us a break! Mr. Cruz did not kill Vince. Bill & Hillary did! U R so wrong Ann. So wrong!”
- “You are such a funny guy, Ann!”
- “Best thing I read on Twitter this month!!!! Very funny!”
Follow Joe Kovacs on Twitter @JoeKovacsNews