(AIR FORCE TIMES) WASHINGTON — Five more airmen are under investigation for illegal drug activity at a nuclear missile base in Wyoming, bringing the total to 19 and expanding the probe beyond the security forces group initially implicated, the Air Force said Wednesday.
An Air Force spokesman, Capt. Mark A. Graff, said that two of the accused have been convicted in courts-martial proceedings held since the investigation was first disclosed in March. The trials were not previously announced. Graff said the two convicted individuals, whose names were not disclosed, have been sentenced and are serving time in confinement. He says that once they have served their sentences they will be considered for removal from the Air Force.
Graff did not say when or how the number of airmen under investigation was expanded from 14 airmen to 19. All are members of the 90th Missile Wing at F.E. Warren Air Force Base, which operates 150 Minuteman 3 nuclear missiles.
Advertisement - story continues below