I had written a column for today about the shocking incidents last week in which cops in Baton Rouge and near St. Paul, Minnesota, killed two black men – seemingly without any rational justification.
There was disturbing video of one incident and the aftermath of the other.
Like most Americans, I was appalled at what I saw.
Then came Dallas and the retributive attack on police officers, five of whom were killed and another seven wounded.
Barack Obama said there is no excuse or justification for the sniper attack.
I think he’s wrong about that. Obama himself provided plenty of excuses beyond his inclination to enflame racial strife and deter racial reconciliation.
He has done everything a president of the United States could do to bring us such a tragedy – with potentially more on the way.
Think about it.
What we now know about Micah Xavier Johnson, the 25-year-old Army reservist and perpetrator of this massacre, is the following:
- He was a black nationalist who showed affinity for the Nation of Islam. Johnson “liked” pages related to Elijah Muhamad, the Nation of Islam founder, as well as Facebook pages of the Black Riders Liberation Party, the New Black Panther Party and the African American Defense League. A group called the Black Power Political Organization took responsibility for the Dallas attack.
- Johnson told negotiators during a standoff before he was killed that he wanted to kill white people, particularly white cops. Last summer, WND reported Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan urged a packed audience at Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Miami to kill white people. Farrakhan, a virulent anti-Semite, said violent retaliation is the only way for American blacks to “rise up” and overthrow their white oppressors: “So if the federal government will not intercede in our affairs, then we must rise up and kill those who kill us. Stalk them and let them feel the pain of death that we are feeling.”
- For 20 years before becoming president, Barack Obama attended the Chicago church of Rev. Jeremiah Wright, a close ally of virulent anti-Semite Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam. Farrakhan has been a strong political supporter of Obama.
- Johnson also told negotiators before he was killed that “the end is near,” suggesting he share an apocalyptic view of the world with Farrakhan, , who last year told an interviewer he, “represents the messiah that has come to end this civilization.” In 2008, he said: “You are the instruments that God is going to use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn’t care anything about. That’s a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking. “Brothers and sisters, Barack Obama to me, is a herald of the Messiah. Barack Obama is like the trumpet that alerts you something new, something better is on the way.”
- Note Obama will not use the term “Islamic terrorism.” Also note that he did not refer to the attack in Dallas as “terrorism.”
- In March, WND reported the concern of FBI counter-terror specialist John Guandolo that Black Lives Matter radicals were beginning to team up with Muslim elements to provoke trouble in U.S. cities that he said will surprise most police agencies.
- Prior to the Dallas shooting, reported Heavy.com, a Black Lives Matter member reached out to ISIS on social media, and ISIS supporters have since commented on the attack.
- In March, the former FBI analyst Guandolo warned the Muslim Brotherhood is teaming up with the Black Lives Matter movement to create violent events that will surprise many police agencies in cities across the U.S. Guandolo, author of the book “Raising a Jihadi Generation,” said the revolutionary jihad movement that swept through the Middle East and North Africa as part of the “Arab Spring” was starting to take root in Europe, noting the attacks in Paris and Brussels. The movement will eventually spread to the United States, said Guandolo, a former Marine and instructor at the U.S. Army War College who now provides training to law enforcement agencies that want to learn more about the jihadist network in the U.S. The network is operated, he said, by the international Muslim Brotherhood through its many front organizations. Among them are the Muslim-American Society, Muslim Student Association, Council on American-Islamic Relations, Islamic Society of North America and North American Islamic Trust. Obama helped topple the Egyptian government of Hosni Mubarak and supported his successor, a Muslim Brotherhood leader later toppled by the military after massive protests by the people of Egypt. Obama has welcomed many Muslim Brotherhood front groups to the White House during his regime.
- One of the most notable characteristics of the Obama administration has been its active efforts to divide and polarize Americans on racial matters. His Justice Department notably refused to charge the New Black Panthers for their efforts at voter intimidation in Philadelphia, where they brandished clubs outside polling places. Former Attorney General Eric Holder announced when he was appointed in 2009 that the U.S. was “essentially a nation of cowards” in failing to openly discuss the issue of race.
With all that in mind, is it any wonder that one or more alienated black men, especially those showing affinity for the Nation of Islam, decided to pick up long-range rifles and open fire at police during a protest against police shootings of black men?
Will it really be a surprise if more do?
Media wishing to interview Joseph Farah, please contact [email protected].