3rd-degree burns from ‘exploding’ iPhone

By Around the Web

(TELEGRAPH) — A cyclist was left with painful burns to his right thigh after his iPhone 6 “exploded” in his pocket.

Gareth Clear, 36, was out cycling on Sunday afternoon near Sydney, Australia, when he fell from him bike, suffering a few minor grazes.

“I suddenly saw this incredible plume of smoke,” Gareth told the Daily Mail. “And there was a searing pain that went along with it – as though someone had pushed a huge block of ice against my leg.

“The phone was stuck to my leg having melted through both my shorts and my Skins. It had to have been more than 100 degrees.”

Leave a Comment