The spate of grisly stabbings and beheadings being carried out by Muslims around the world is not really a sudden or unique occurrence but part of a decades-long pattern of violence inspired by the Quran, say Islam critics.
The latest attack on American soil came over the weekend in Roanoke, Virginia, by a 20-year-old man who used a 10-inch butcher knife to attack residents of the Pines apartment complex while shouting, “Allahu Akbar!”
It happened again Monday in Australia, where a 21-year-old British woman, Mia Ayliffe-chung, was hacked to death and two others injured by a Muslim man chanting “Allahu Akbar!” as 30 other tourists looked on in horror.
In Europe the attacks has been an almost weekly occurrence since the influx of 1.5 million Muslim migrants over the last year.
Most of these attacks receive scant coverage in the establishment media, and when they are covered they are glazed over with an obvious attempt to paint them as anything but Islamic in nature. More often than not, they are attributed to mental illness, as WND documented in a list earlier this month of more than 25 attacks.
From Oklahoma to Ohio, Virginia, California
There have been many knife attacks by Muslims on U.S. soil in recent years. The one that received the most media attention was the horrific beheading of 54-year-old Colleen Hufford of Tulsa, Oklahoma, by a male co-worker at a food plant in September 2014. Alton Alexander Nolen, a Muslim convert, beheaded Hufford and stabbed another woman who were not receptive to his attempts at converting them.
Earlier this year, on Feb. 11, the 30-year-old Mohamed Barry entered the Nazareth Restaurant and Deli in Columbus, Ohio, and mercilessly chopped up customers with a machete, injuring four, while yelling, “Allahu Akbar!”
On Nov. 4, 2015, an 18-year-old Muslim student at the University of California at Merced attacked students and teachers with a machete, injuring several of them seriously before he was shot and killed. The FBI, after initially characterizing the attack by Faisal Mohammad as the act of a disgruntled student, admitted months later in March 2016 that he had an ISIS flag and had studied Islamist propaganda.
Some critics believe the lack of media coverage of these attacks amounts to one of the biggest criminal cover-ups in human history.
Among them is Dr. Timothy Furnish, a professor of Islamic history who wrote “Sects, Lies and the Caliphate” and “Ten Years Captivation with the Mahdi’s Camps.” He said he’s keeping tabs on the knife attacks. And he believes the whitewash treatment these attacks receive by Western governments and media shows both have taken on the role of dhimmis – second-class apologists for Islam.
“We are witnessing a legion of attacks by Muslims and Muslim sympathizers in the West utilizing, specifically, bladed weapons – Germany, the U.K., U.S., Australia – over the past several years,” Furnish told WND. “Most would appear to be attempts to decapitate the victims, although the media seems to try to hide that fact in a number of cases by reporting them only as ‘stabbings’ or ‘knife attacks.'”
What’s going on here?
“Since the common links in most if not all these cases are Muslim or Islamophile perpetrators, bladed weapons and attacks on the neck area, I would submit that the driving force is the Islamic rubric to behead unbelievers – spelled out specifically in the Quran,” Furnish said.
He cited Sura al-Anfal [VIII]:12 and Sura Muhammad [XLVII]:4.
Furnish elaborated on these scriptures in the article, “Beheading in the Name of Islam,” published in Middle East Quarterly.
Quran 47:3 is the key scripture but there are others.
“Those who take the Quran literally – which includes not just terrorist groups like ISIS and al-Qaida but millions of Muslims of the Salafi, Wahhabi and Deobandi persuasion and major Islamic commentators across the centuries – believe that it is an act of piety to carry out such injunctions,” Furnish said. “ISIS’s appeals in, for example, its Dabiq magazine may be the proximate cause for such brutality. But make no mistake, it is Islam itself which is ultimately responsible.
“When the founder of a religion engages in, or at the very least approves of a behavior, I fail to see how said behavior can be deeded ‘radical’ or ‘extremist.'”
Islamic artwork even glorifies Muhammad ordering the beheading of Nadr bin al-Harith, a poet who “mocked” Islam’s prophet.
Muhammad himself is said to have beheaded up to 900 Jewish men and boys at the Battle of the Trench outside Medina in 627 A.D.
While the knife attacks in the U.S. and Europe go lightly reported, many of the jihad machete attacks on non-Muslims in Africa and Asia go completely unreported.
A Google search for violence by Christians, Jews, Buddhists and Hindus against non-believers delivers a paltry number of such attacks worldwide compared to those inspired by Islam. The one exception was in Burma, where Buddhists and Muslims seem to cut and behead each other with machetes in equal numbers.
Below is a list of bladed attacks just in the last two months, not including jihad attacks using guns, bombs or vehicles:
- On Aug. 24 in Cairo, Egypt, the state news agency says a knife-wielding attacker was shot and killed after he stabbed a guard at a Coptic church. The attack happened early Wednesday at the Virgin Mary church in Cairo’s western suburb of Nozha. The report says other church guards at the scene killed the assailant, “whose identity and motives were unclear.” Attacks on Coptic churches in Egypt have stepped up over the past years, especially after Coptic Christians sided with the Egyptian army in the military’s 2013 ouster of the Muslim Brotherhood-backed President Mohammed Morsi.
- On Monday, Aug. 22 it was reported that police shot and wounded a woman in Brussels after she spread panic by stabbing bus passengers, injuring two seriously and a third lightly, the city’s public prosecutor’s office confirmed. The incident had nothing to do with terrorism, according to Belgium authorities, who blamed it on mental illness. They did not release the woman’s name, saying only that she was “Asian” and shouted something unintelligible as she hacked the commuters.
- On Aug. 20 at an apartment community in Roanoke, Virginia, 20-year-old Wasil Farooqui grabbed a butcher knife and went on a stabbing spree, seriously injuring two, while repeatedly yelling, “Allahu Akbar!” He told police he heard voices telling him to stab people.
- On Aug. 19 in Strasbourg, France, an Orthodox Jewish rabbi was attacked near his home in broad daylight and left hospitalized by a knife-wielding Muslim yelling “Allahu Akbar!” The incident was immediately scrubbed by French police as “not terrorism related” in what has become a pattern across Europe, Canada and the United States.
- On Aug. 13 in Jeman, north-central Nigeria, at least seven were slaughtered in a Christian village by Fulani Muslim herdsman using machetes and guns. “The Christians were killed in their homes,” Golkofa resident Sunday Saleh told Morning Star News. “Some of the victims were shot while others were cut with machetes.”
- On Aug. 13 a man killed a female passenger and injured at least five others in a horrific knife and fire attack on a Swiss train. The set the train ablaze with a flammable liquid and could not be questioned before he died. Authorities said the man was born in a neighboring region but did not release the man’s name or his ethnic or religious background.
- On the night of Aug. 13-14, two people were killed and six wounded in a machete attack in an eastern region of Democratic Republic of Congo where Islamic rebels have been blamed for a series of civilian massacres against Christians. The Allied Democratic Forces or ADF, an Islamist armed group of Ugandan origin, is accused of carrying out the brutal slayings.
- On Aug. 6 a man with a knife and shouting “Allahu Akbar!” launched himself at two policewomen in the Belgian city of Charleroi. The perpetrator, who inflicted serious facial wounds upon one of his targets, was then fatally shot.
- On Aug. 3 in London a Muslim man stabbed to death the wife of an American professor on the busy Russell Square, injuring five others. The perpetrator was an 18-year-old Muslim man of Somali origin who had been resettled in Norway but, again, British authorities said they had “no evidence of radicalization” and attributed the attack to mental illness.
- On Aug. 2 in Gada Biyu, Nigeria, nine Christian villagers were cut down by Muslim terrorists who also burned three churches.
- On Aug. 1 at about noon in Ninte, Nigeria, two Christian women were hacked to death by Muslim herdsman. “They cut them with machetes. A woman and her daughter in-law were killed by the Fulani herdsmen while the man is still in the hospital as I talk with you,” an eye witness told Morning Star News.
- On July 26 two ISIS terrorists entered a Catholic church in the northern French province of Normandy while a mass was in progress. They forced the elderly priest to his knees on the altar and slit his throat, filming the entire attack. A nun was also left fighting for her life and more would have been killed if one nun had not escaped the church and called police, who arrived and shot the attackers dead.
- On July 19 in Wuerzburg, Germany, it was reported that a 17-year-old Afghan refugee attacked people on a train with an ax and knife injuring nearly 20 passengers, four seriously. The Afghan boy fled the train but was chased and shot dead by police. The Muslim teen’s motive was “not yet clear,” the BBC reported.
- On July 18 in central Egypt a Muslim mob attacked a group of Coptic priests and their families with knives and batons, killing one and wounding several others. The attack came months after an armed Muslim mob stripped an elderly Christian woman and paraded her naked on the streets while looting and torching seven Christian homes in the same area, security officials said.
- On July 15 in Nice, France, a man planned to hack to death mourners as they were praying at a memorial service for the 84 victims of a jihadist named Mohamed L. Bouhlel, a French Tunisian immigrant who drove a truck through a crowded promenade on Bastille Day. The perpetrator, a Muslim, was caught by cops carrying a “huge blade” as he approached the crowded prayer vigil. Cops are said to have pounced on the man who one witness reported was carrying a “machete.”
- On July 9 a female pastor was hacked to death close to Nigeria’s capital, Abuja. Police arrested six suspects believed to be Muslim.
- On June 30 in the town of Obi, in the central Nigerian state of Nasarawa, a father of seven, Rev. Joseph Kurah, was ambushed by two armed men after he arrived at his farm. His severely mutilated body, hacked to death, was later recovered from the scene. Fulani Muslim herdsmen are suspected in the killing, according to WorldWatch Monitor.
- On June 30 in Israel a 17-year-old Palestinian stabbed and killed Hallel Yaffa Ariel while she was sleeping in her bedroom in her bedroom in the West Bank settlement of Kiryat Arba. The assailant was fatally shot by security guards. That same day, a Palestinian assailant stabbed two Israeli civilians in Natanya, north of Tel Aviv and was shot dead by an armed civilian.
- On June 16 a “radicalized” 22-year-old Islamist was arrested by police in southwestern France with a knife and machete in his possession. He planned to attack “English and American tourists, then security forces,” according to French reports.
- On June 13 a police officer and his wife were killed inside their home in what police called an ISIS-inspired knife attack near Paris, the Independent reported.