Is it a Google Earth road map?
A snow camouflaged tent?
Or a white marble-patterned hospital gown?
America wants to know: Just what is Democratic Party nominee Hillary Clinton wearing these days?
Clinton’s attire stunned America when she attended a fundraiser in Cape Cod Sunday alongside singer and actress Cher.
She was spotted wearing this black-and-white number with blue plaid pants and polka dot flats:
From another angle:
Some might say Clinton’s attire is oddly familiar. One might ask: Who wore it better?
Clinton? Or this marble-pattern chair?
Clinton? Or this snow-camouflaged tent?
Clinton? Or this topographical map of Honduras?
Mollie Hemingway at the Federalist.com noted Clinton’s pockets are “big enough to hide millions in cash from Saudis.”
Others took to Twitter to comment on Clinton’s gown:
- In a daring fashion move, Hillary wears giant oven mitt to Hollywood fundraiser.
- Hillary inspires female entrepreneurs w/ launch of casual hospital gown fashion for today’s On-The-Go-Sick-Woman.
- Hillary’s wardrobe deserves a warrant from the fashion police.
- That looks like she’s wearing a house coat over pants made from shower curtains.
- It’s bad enough that she’s wearing a plastic picnic table cloth, but the designer had to trim it in black Walmart rick rack?
- Even Cher is laughing.
- It’s a designer hospital gown! She must have had surgery over the weekend.
- I can’t vote for someone who can’t even look in a mirror before leaving the house. Who buys an outfit like that?
- My grandmother used to wear better looking aprons.
- Wearing a muumuu in public is not a sign of a healthy person.
- Just be glad it doesn’t open in the back.
- Stolen drapes from one of Trump’s hotels.
- Fall collection from Chairman Mao.
- That can NOT be a real photo. I refuse to accept that anyone would wear that.
It’s particularly curious because the mainstream media have remained relatively silent on Clinton’s fashion statements while harshly criticizing GOP nominee Donald Trump’s wife, Melania, for her style choices.
Hemingway recalled how the mainstream media called Melania Trump’s all-white dress at the Republican National Convention “a scary statement.”
The Philadelphia Inquirer reported, “So while Trump appeared flawless on the Cleveland stage Monday night, whether she intended it or not, her all-white ensemble displayed the kind of foreignness that is accepted by her husband’s political party. To many, that outfit could be another reminder that in the G.O.P. white is always right.”
The same publication headlined its story on Clinton’s Democratic National Convention, “DNC fashion: Hillary Clinton looked presidential in an all-white pantsuit.”
Clinton’s designer wardrobe has been estimated to cost at least $200,000, according to a June article in the New York Post. In April, she gave a speech wearing a $12,495 Giorgio Armani tweed jacket.
At campaign events and other appearances, Clinton has been spotted wearing a number of Snuggie-like fashion statements.
The following are just a few examples of her more memorable digs: