An illegal immigrant gang member who was deported twice in the last two years has been charged with murder in the fatal stabbing of a teenager in Maryland, and critics say it’s just the latest example of a crime wave in America’s major cities being fueled by illegal immigration.
Oscar Delgado-Perez, 28, was arrested in Montgomery County after allegedly stabbing Cristian Villigran-Morales more than 40 times, Fox 32 reported.
The victim worked as a landscaper, earning money to help his family back home in Guatemala, according to the Fox report.
His killer was allegedly a member of the notorious “MS-13,” a gang of mostly Salvadorans active in the Washington, D.C., area as well as many other U.S. cities.
These type of attacks by criminal aliens happen every day, according to immigration watchdogs. In July last year, Kate Steinle, 32, was shot and killed while walking with her family on a pier by a previously deported felon protected by San Francisco’s sanctuary city policies.
In another case, Brandon Mendoza, a 32-year-old Mesa, Arizona, policeman was killed in 2014 when an unlicensed, illegal immigrant driver drove drunk the wrong way on a freeway and killed him. Raul Silva-Corona had been convicted of criminal conspiracy in Colorado 20 years earlier, but never deported. Mendoza’s mother told Fox News the government could make the roads safer if it wanted to, simply by deporting illegal immigrants who have been convicted of crimes.
“I don’t believe it’s reality to be able to get all of the illegals out of the country, but I do believe we need to get the criminal element out of here and secure the border so that they cannot continue to keep coming back,” Mary Ann Mendoza told Fox.
“My son was killed by an illegal criminal, but I really feel like he was the victim of a political crime also because our politicians who are continually standing in the way of any and all legislation to secure our borders are guilty of allowing these crimes to continue against innocent American families,” she added.
The problem of violent crime by illegals, while drawing scant media attention, is not new. As far back as 2007, WND reported on “thousands” of illegals being caught in a sex-offender sting operation by the Department of Homeland Security.
Rampant illegal immigration also drives up costs for the penal system. According to a 2014 study, nearly 37 percent of all federal sentencing involves illegal immigrants.
Below is but a small sampling of the murders, rapes and killings committed by illegal aliens, many of whom had come into the hands of law enforcement agencies prior to the crimes described, only to be released back into the community. (Unless otherwise noted, the listed crimes were logged by Federation for American Immigration Reform or FAIR.)
- August 2016 — Two Salvadoran illegal alien gang members were convicted of murder in the Virginia suburbs. Jose Lopez Torres was convicted of a brutal stabbing death of another MS-13 gang member suspected of being an informer. He was sentenced to life imprisonment plus 20 years. According to the Washington Post, “His conviction was part of a sweeping federal case against Northern Virginia members of the El Salvador-based gang, in which six defendants pleaded guilty and six more were found guilty at trial.” The other just convicted Salvadoran was Jesus Alejandro Chavez, who was sentenced to two life terms plus 10 years for two murders (Washington Post, Aug. 11, 2016).
- July 2016 — Mauricio Morales-Caceres, an illegal alien from El Salvador was sentenced in Montgomery County, Maryland, to life in prison without parole for the stabbing death of another Salvadoran. Morales identified himself as an MS-13 gang member, and testimony indicated he had no remorse for his crime. (Washington Post July 15, 1016).
- June 2016 — A Mexican illegal alien, Juan Carlos Sepulveda-Castro, was sentenced to two-and-one-half years in prison in Idaho for threatening people with an assault rifle. The news report notes that illegal aliens are prohibited from possessing a firearm (Pocatello TV channel 8).
- June 2016 — Eleven illegal alien members of the Salvadoran MS-13 gang have been convicted of a series of crimes including murder. Jorge Enrique Moreno-Aguilar, Juan Alberto Ortiz-Orellana and Minor Perez, all from Maryland were convicted in mid-May of murder and conspiracy in a racketeering enterprise (MRC-TV May 24, 2016). New Jersey gang members Santos Reyes-Villatoro, Mario Oliva, Roberto Contreras, Julian Moz-Aguilar, Hugo Palencia, Jose Garcia, Cruz Flores, and Esau Ramirez were convicted in late May in New Jersey of various murder, racketeering and firearms crimes (MRC-TV, June 2, 2016).
- May 2016 — Illegal aliens Reinol Vergara and Edson Benitez pleaded guilty to second-degree murder for the death of a 90-year-old Minnesota man they beat and tied up while they stole from his home, leaving him to bleed to death (Breibart News May 11, 2016).
- April 2016 — A Salvadoran illegal alien, Mauricio Morales-Caceres, was convicted of first-degree murder in Maryland and sentenced to life imprisonment (Washington Post, April 30, 2016).
- March 2016 — Juan Razo, a Mexican illegal alien living in Painesville, Ohio, agreed to plead guilty to a crime spree that included the shooting death of a 60-year-old woman, attempted rape of a 14-year-old girl, kidnapping and burglary. His plea was to avoid the death penalty and accept a life sentence (Cleveland.com, March 4, 2016).
- January 2016 — An illegal alien from Mexico was sentenced to nearly six years in prison after having been convicted for transporting illegal aliens, which resulted in the death of two illegal aliens (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Jan. 20, 2016).
- December 2015 — A 40-year-old illegal alien, Michael Rodriguez Garcia, was sentenced to four life terms for the rape and sodomy of two children in Alabama. (Breitbart News, Dec. 2, 2015).
- November 2015 — Humberto Erazo-Medrano and Ricardo Castaneda, two illegal aliens, were arrested and charged with second-degree promoting prostitution in Alabama. (Gadsden Times, Nov. 2, 2015).
- October 2015 — Marco Hernandez Ramirez, a 34-year-old illegal alien from Guatemala, was sentenced to 40 years in prison for killing a couple and their 5-year-old daughter in a car crash (Athens Banner-Herald, Oct. 14, 2015).
- September 2015 — An illegal alien from Mexico, Martin Margarito-Casimiro, was sentenced to 40 years in federal prison for kidnapping a man in Texas (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Sept. 24, 2015).
- July 2015 — Ever Olivos-Gutierrez, an illegal visa over-stayer, was convicted of second-degree murder in Colorado for the death he caused while driving intoxicated. It was the fourth time since 2000 he had been arrested for DUI, but there was no record of immigration authorities ever being notified. He was sentenced to 40 years imprisonment (Denver Channel 7).
- June 2015 — A Salvadoran, Mauricio Hernandez, convicted of rape and murder of the baby born to his victim, was sentenced to 50 years in prison in Texas and faces deportation when he has served his sentence (The Dallas Morning News, June 5, 2015).
- May 2015 — A Salvadoran, Julio C. Saravia, faces deportation following a prison sentence of 29 years for rape of a minor, to which he pleaded guilty in Virginia.
- May 2015 — Zeng Liang Chen and Dong Biao Lin, illegal aliens from China, were convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison in New Jersey (NJ.com, May 5, 2015).
- May 2015 —Bernabe Flores, a Mexican illegal alien, pleaded guilty to first-degree rape in California and was sentenced to eight years in prison (Times-Herald Record, May 7, 2015).
- April 2015 — Victor Garzon-Alvarez, a Mexican illegal alien pleaded guilty and was sentenced in New Jersey to 14 years in prison for murder (NJ.com, April 22, 2015).
- April 2015 — Sergio Quezada Lopez, a Mexican illegal alien who had been deported four times, was sentenced in Oregon to 15 years in prison for a heroin overdose death. His brother, Gerardo Chalke Lopez, also a previously deported alien, was earlier sentenced to 18 years in prison on the same charges (Oregonian, April 29, 2015).
- April 2015 — Three illegal aliens, Uriel Ramirez-Perez, Darwin Zuniga-Rocha and Eliseo Mateo Perez, pleaded guilty to first-degree rape in New York and were sentenced to time served in jail and will be deported (Daily News, April 29, 2015).
- March 2015 — Javier Guerrero Molina, a Mexican illegal alien, was sentenced in federal court in Jacksonville, Florida, to 10 years imprisonment for attempting to transport a minor to engage in sexual activity. Guerrero said he had entered the United States illegally in 1999 or 2000 (Department of Justice, Middle District of Florida, March 30, 2015).
- December 2014 — Roy Naim, an illegal alien who was featured by Time Magazine as a poster child for the amnesty movement, was convicted of child pornography and sentenced to 15 to 30 years in prison (New York Daily News, December 2014).
- December 2014 — Two illegal aliens were arrested by Border Patrol agents in Laredo, Texas, for illegally re-entering the United States. The illegal aliens were previously convicted of first-degree murder in Illinois, where they each served between six to 10 years in prison (Breitbart News, Dec. 2, 2014).
- August 2014 — Merced Garcia, a 37-year-old illegal alien from Mexico, was sentenced to 180 days in jail for vehicular homicide and driving without a license (WLWT Cincinanti, Aug. 26, 2014).
- May 2014 — Humberto Gonzalez, an illegal alien, was convicted in New Jersey of criminal assault and sentenced to 50 years in prison. The rape occurred in 2005 and Gonzalez was not identified until a DNA match was made following an arrest in Texas for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Gonzalez also had a criminal record in Louisiana and Arkansas (Times of Trenton, May 9, 2014).
- February 2014 — Cinthya Garcia-Cisneros, an illegal alien from Mexico, was found guilty of two counts of a felony for failure to perform the duties of a driver and sentenced to three years of probation and 250 hours of community service. Garcia-Cisneros committed a hit-and-run that resulted in the death of two stepsisters, 6-year-old Anna Dieter-Eckerdt and 11-year-old Abigail Robinson (Associated Press, Feb. 4, 2013).
- January 2014 — An illegal alien from El Salvador pleaded guilty to killing a 3-year-old boy and injuring nine other people while driving intoxicated. He was issued a driver’s license by the state of Utah, but did not have car insurance. Manuel de Jesus Guinea will spend up to 15 years in prison (The Salt Lake Tribune, Nov. 7, 2014).
- January 2014 — Jasim Mohammed Hasin Ramadon, aka Jay Hendrix, an Iraqi immigrant, was found guilty in Colorado on multiple counts of sexual assault. He faces a possible sentence of life in prison. Sarmad Fadhi “Levi” Mohammed, another Iraqi was earlier convicted for the same assault and sentenced to 16 years in prison. An additional three Iraqi immigrants involved in the assault have received misdemeanor convictions (Colorado Gazette, Jan. 21, 2014).
- January 2014 — Modesto Osco, a Peruvian, pleaded guilty to indecent assault on a minor. He was sentenced in Pennsylvania to five months to two years in prison (The Morning Call, Jan. 6, 2014).
- November 2010 — Drew Rosenberg, a 25-year-old student at Golden Gate University, was riding his motorcycle in San Francisco when Roberto Galo struck him on Nov. 16, 2010. In his frenzied effort to flee the scene, Galo ran over his victim twice, Fox News reported. The elder Rosenberg got the news no parent should hear from San Francisco General Hospital that night, but what he would learn over the next few years only compounded his bitterness.
According to Rosenberg’s research, which he conducted after losing his son, as many as 7,500 Americans – 20 per day – die annually at the hands of unlicensed drivers, and Rosenberg calculates that more than half of those deaths are caused by illegal immigrants. Now, by testifying before Congress, speaking to those who have lost loved ones and posting his research online, at unlicensedtodrive.org, Rosenberg told Fox he is shedding light on a disturbing number not available from government data.
Trump’s candidacy forces media to pay attention
William Gheen, president and founder of Americans for Legal Immigration or ALIPAC, said Donald Trump’s candidacy for president is spotlighting the problem of illegal alien crime for the first time in U.S. history.
“In his most recent immigration speech, he had families of the dead on stage with him and CNN was forced to show the family of the victims,” Gheen told WND. “Most Americans out there watching the main TV networks are not even aware of this. The mainstream media conceals problems until they are no longer concealable.”
Gheen said the same type of “ignore as long as possible” mentality is now playing out in the media with Hillary Clinton’s health problems. Any reporting on her health by conservative news sites was referred to as “conspiratorial” by the establishment media, until Sunday when Clinton “almost fell on her face trying to enter a car,” Gheen said.
“And it’s the same thing going on with illegal criminal aliens and the crime waves we’re seeing in almost every city with a major immigrant population, but unfortunately on things like that the falling down point is when it’s too late to fix things,” he said. “You would think there would be a series of news updates on this but you hear nothing about a ‘crime crisis’ in our cities. They don’t do that because they are responsible for the crime wave, due to the misinformation they have put out there about police officers killing unarmed people. They’re saturating the public with false information. As a result we’ve had more police officers killed this year. They’re quiet because they’re responsible for it. And they don’t care how many people get killed by the Black Lives Matter or illegal immigrants because it’s all in pursuit of their political and economic agenda.”
By contrast, Gheen said the media in North Carolina spent two years reporting on accusations of rapes by members of Duke University’s men’s LaCrosse team – rapes that never happened.
Yet, illegal immigrants have been convicted of gang-raping women in North Carolina and “we hear nothing from the Charlotte Observer and Raleigh News and Observer.” Both of those newspapers are owned by the liberal McClatchy media empire.
Any news outlet that consistently reports the truth about illegal immigrants is singled out for derision, he said.
“They’re so intolerant that they don’t tolerate someone who has a divergent view in their newsrooms. All across social media it’s persecute and punish,” he said. “The left runs Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, CNN, NBC, and all the national newspapers except for the Washington Times.”
Gheen is not the only one who has pointed out the news blackout about illegal alien crime.
In June Rep. Brian Babin, R-Texas, told the Washington Free Beacon that a crime wave was sweeping major U.S. cities fueled by illegal immigration but the Obama administration was hiding the details about the crime spree from Congress and the public.
At least 86,000 illegal aliens are roaming free and terrorizing America by committing 231,000 serious crimes across the nation in the last two-and-a-half years, Babin said.
“[I]f the public knew about this, there would be total outrage,” Babin told the paper.
Babin said Obama is doing nothing to deport illegal aliens once they are set free from U.S. prisons. The Obama administration freed 20,000 criminal aliens in 2015, including rapists, sex offenders and about 200 murderers. Those illegal-alien convicts were not deported.
Predictions of violence after election
Gheen said that if Donald Trump wins the election he predicts “more smoke and fire going up from the cities of America than there has been since 1968.”
If Hillary wins, he expects stepped-up persecution of those who don’t toe the line of the progressive movement.
“They’re going for broke here. If we ever see them take full control, history has shown us in many different nations what to expect,” he said. “The left doesn’t tolerate opposition even when they’re not in full control. Their intolerance when they are in control quite often results in mass murder. Right now they express their intolerance through suppression, smear campaigns, censorship and implied violence. If Hillary Clinton wins and Democrats take control of the Congress or get their Supreme Court nominations, the United States is being shifted over into socialist hands and we should expect violence.”