NEW YORK – Danney Williams, the man from Little Rock, Arkansas, who has claimed since the 1990s to be the black illegitimate son of former President Bill Clinton, will hold a press conference Tuesday at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., to make an announcement his supporters characterize as a “bombshell that will rock Hillary’s campaign.”
Sources close to Williams who are planning the news event refused to divulge details of the announcement to WND.
Williams has demanded that Bill Clinton participate with him in a DNA test to verify his claim.
The conference will be hosted by a non-partisan coalition of civil rights, child-welfare and pro-life leaders.
Speakers, in addition to Williams, will include filmmaker Joel Gilbert and Dr. Randy Short, who heads the Brothers in Support of the Million Woman Movement, headquartered in Washington.
The Williams newser comes on the heels of FBI Director James Comey’s announcement that the criminal investigation into Clinton’s private email server has been resumed.
The event is scheduled to begin at noon Eastern Time in the Peter Zenger Room of the National Press Club at 529 14th Street N.W.
WND reported Oct. 19 that lawyers representing Williams, in the hours before the third and final presidential debate in Las Vegas, announced their intention to file a paternity suit demanding DNA evidence from the former president.
See the Danney Williams video feature:
WND reported last week that YouTube reversed a decision to terminate Williams’ account, which features his claim.
YouTube’s move blocked the nine-minute feature “BANISHED – The Untold Story of Danney Williams,” which had received more 1 million views since Williams first posted it Oct 11.
No definitive DNA test
WND reported that no DNA test was conducted in 1999, despite media reports to the contrary when Williams’ claim first surfaced.
Clinton defenders since 1999 have contended the tabloid Star Magazine conducted a “DNA showdown” proving Bill Clinton was not Williams’ father, citing Star Magazine editor Phil Bunton saying at the time, “There was no match, nothing even close.”
Like the reporting you see here? Sign up for free news alerts from WND.com, America’s independent news network.
But in an interview this month, Bunton told WND that no blood sample was obtained from Clinton and Star Magazine never published a story documenting a laboratory test.
“I don’t remember ever seeing any laboratory test that was done on Clinton’s DNA,” Bunton told WND.
Bunton is now the owner of the Rivertown Magazine in Haverstraw, New York.
He affirmed to WND that the tabloid relied on the DNA evidence for Clinton published by independent counsel Kenneth Starr, extracted from the infamous Monica Lewinsky blue dress.
“We got a lot of phone calls from several people in the media, including the New York Times, wanting to know when we were going to get the DNA back,” Bunton recalled to WND. “We thought it was going to turn out to be his son, but when the DNA came back there was no story there even to write.”
The DNA test released by Kenneth Starr was the second of two DNA laboratory tests the FBI had run on Clinton, but the public record leaves no doubt that Starr withheld the more robust test conducted by the FBI.