Take this test with me to determine if you are a "progressive."
- Do you believe that women have the inalienable right to kill their unborn babies at any time, for any reason or for no reason at all?
- Do you believe it is Islamophobic and hateful of Americans to oppose bringing hundreds of thousands of unscreened – and, according to the FBI unscreenable – Middle East Sunni Muslim "refugees" into the U.S.?
- Do you believe men should be allowed to marry men and women should be able to marry women?
- Do you believe the right to marry someone of the same sex trumps freedom of religion, so that those of faiths that reject same-sex marriage should be forced to cater them, photograph them, video record them, bake cakes for them, etc.?
- Do you believe gender is only a state of mind, rather than an objective matter of anatomy?
- Do you believe people should be permitted to determine which public restroom or locker room or dressing room they use based on how they "feel" about themselves?
- Do you believe the military should accept and recruit soldiers, sailors and airmen who are homosexual, lesbian and transgendered and provide whatever surgical and chemical treatments they need to make them happy?
- Do you believe the federal government has the constitutional power to involve itself in setting wages between employers and employees?
- Do you believe members of Congress should not be required to abide by the laws they establish for their constituents?
- Do you believe government is the ultimate authority on right and wrong?
- Do you believe right and wrong is determined by consensus?
- Do you believe judges should make laws?
- Do you believe the president of the United States should impose laws if he can't get them passed by Congress?
- Do you believe U.S. citizens should all be citizens of the world – subject to rules and regulations set by other nations or international bodies?
- Do you believe the United Nations and other international bodies should be supranational in their authority?
- Do you believe people everywhere have the absolute right to travel to and emigrate to any country they wish?
- Do you believe government knows best how to distribute and redistribute wealth fairly, rather than the free enterprise model?
- Do you believe all religions are essentially peace-loving?
- Do you believe there is no One True God to whom we are all accountable?
- Do you believe there is no such thing as ultimate, objective morality?
- Do you believe when death occurs all consciousness will cease to exist or that all consciousness will enter into a kind of paradise or people will be reincarnated based on their life and works?
- Do you believe catastrophic, man-made climate change is a scientific fact?
- Do you believe evolution is a scientific fact?
- Do you believe public schools should teach evolution is a fact?
- Do you believe the Creation account of the Bible is a myth?
- Do you believe life began as a result of random chance over billions of years?
- Do you believe the only way to increase tax revenues is to raise taxes?
- Do you believe that government borrowing, with no limits, is moral and sustainable policy?
- Do you believe governments are the best authority to determine who is being paid a "fair" wage?
- Do you believe prosperity can best be achieved in a government-controlled economy?
- Do you believe people should be given a "living wage" whether they are willing to work or not?
- Do you believe health care is an inalienable right?
- Do you believe food should be free because it is a necessity?
- Do you believe a college education should be free to all who want it?
- Do you believe all children should be educated in government or government-approved private schools with stiff regulations on homeschooling?
If you answered "yes" to 25 or more of these questions, you are indeed a "progressive."
Advertisement - story continues below
You are an example of how and why America has deviated from its founding commitment to self-governance, equal justice under the law and personal liberty for all.
If you answered no to 25 or more of these questions, there's hope for you. Your mind has not yet been fundamentally transformed by the government-media complex.
If, like me, you answered "no" to all 35 questions, you should be investigating a new homeland in the event Hillary Clinton wins the presidential election.
Advertisement - story continues below
Media wishing to interview Joseph Farah, please contact [email protected].