The hard left across the globe is gearing up for a campaign of international “resistance” to the worldwide populist/nationalist/conservative revolution represented by Brexit and the election of Donald Trump. It has already started in some U.S. cities in the form of riots, but those actions and the planned mega-protest of the Trump inauguration on Jan. 20 are only to prime the pump for a much larger and more sophisticated counter-revolution. The key leaders and financiers of the left have just met with Chief Puppetmaster George Soros behind closed doors to plan the implementation of the American version of his “Color Revolutions,” which have been successful at taking down the governments of several foreign countries.
Tellingly, given the association of the color with the LGBT movement and agenda, it has already been designated the “Purple Revolution.”
The new battlefield
I more-or-less predicted the Trump candidacy back in 2009.
And in May 2016 I predicted Mr. Trump’s election if Christians could broaden our “values voter” mentality to embrace populist issues (which we did in historic numbers).
Now I’d like to make a few predictions about the Purple Revolution before offering my suggestions for how to counter it.
First, the leftist campaign will have both domestic and global components. I will address the global components in a future article, but discuss the domestic component here. That domestic campaign will be multifaceted and involve:
1. An army of faceless anarchists engaged in civil disobedience and property destruction on an “anti-fascism” theme. (Imagine the explosion of street violence in the late 1960s but employing “social justice” rather than anti-war rhetoric – like Black Lives Matter but bigger and broader). This is designed to terrorize the public but also to deliberately provoke police reactions that can be documented on film and edited to misrepresent the police as Brownshirt-style fascists.
2. A coordinated propaganda campaign by all the usual suspects on the left in media, academia, Hollywood and the nonprofit/foundations sector, branding the Trump administration as a fascist regime akin to the Third Reich. This will build slowly but inexorably as the left gathers and weaves together its case like a crooked prosecutor in the courtroom of international opinion.
3. Obstruction of conservative policy through guerrilla litigation tactics by groups such as the Center for Constitutional Rights and Southern Poverty Law Center, and their silent partners in the federal judiciary.
How to beat the left at their own game
In my previous column, I explained how the delusional left is entirely defined and driven by its social justice narrative and follows long-standing formulas for implementing it. This makes them highly predictable and thus as vulnerable as British Redcoats at the hands of the American Colonists – IF we’re willing to use guerrilla tactics. I suggest three tactics that correspond to the three aforementioned threats:
1. Defeat the social justice narrative by exposing and ridiculing the criminal conduct, dirty tricks and hypocrisy of the street activists. The model is James O’Keefe’s brilliant Project Veritas, which could easily spawn 10,000 copycats overnight. All it takes is a conservative truth-seeker with some spare time, a button-hole camera and the ability to play the role of a liberal (just act stoned). Every leftist demonstration from this day forward should be infiltrated by conservative activists either individually or in small groups gathering intelligence and posting it online. Every bus convoy of Soros goons should be filmed and exposed. Every professional street agitator should be identified and cataloged online. Every evidence of criminal conduct should be reported to the police in an attachment to an anonymous open letter to the authorities in the appropriate jurisdiction.
2. The traditional media is the weak link and key linchpin of the leftist institutional coalition. Now is the time for a boycott of the companies that advertise in the leftist print media. They’re already struggling to survive. A populist campaign to punish companies that support leftist rags such as the Washington Post and the New York Times could be highly effective. These two leviathans might need a seasoned boycott group like the American Family Association (AFA) to force a change, but it wouldn’t take a very large group (tea party anyone?) to run a boycott of a local lying newspaper until it agrees to formally require ideological balance in its newsroom and editorial board subject to review by a citizens watchdog committee. Every media misrepresentation should earn a picket in front of its most vulnerable advertisers.
3. If President Trump keeps his promise to appoint constitutional originalists to the Supreme Court, the leftist litigation strategy will eventually run into a brick wall in years to come, but in the short term, the best way to deal with groups like the Southern Poverty Law Center is mockery. Their goal is to strike fear into anyone who opposes the leftist agenda, but they really are just a bunch of self-important boobs that imagine Nazis and the KKK lurking behind every flower pot. The SPLC should be exposed as the laughingstock of the far left, especially to the law enforcement community on which they rely for so much of their public credibility. I’d also love to see a comic book about the buffoonery of the SPLC for distribution at the same public schools that receive SPLC hate propaganda every year.
Turnabout is fair play, the saying goes, and the leftist institutions that have been running and ruining the country should get a taste of the tactics their own activists perfected in the 1960s to force social change and get their people into the seats of power. It’s time for the newly awakened populists to read a few books like Saul Alinsky’s “Rules for Radicals” and employ some of those methods against the institutional left, such as the universities, the foundations and the public employee unions.
What beats the George Soros narrative-driven leftist culture-war machine? The simple truth, boldly proclaimed, by people not afraid of name-calling by the leftist bullies they’re exposing.
We needed Donald Trump to serve as a rallying point for American patriots, but we don’t need him to single-handedly drain the swamp. We can do a large part of that work for ourselves, and we should all roll up our sleeves and start today.