Attention, WND readers! Once again, WND is inviting you to submit your candidates for the most “spiked” stories of the year in Operation Spike.
Every year at this time, news organizations present their year-end retrospective replays of what they consider to have been the top news stories of the previous 12 months. But WND’s editors have always found it more newsworthy to publish a compilation of the important stories most ignored by the establishment press.
WND Editor and CEO Joseph Farah has sponsored “Operation Spike” every year since 1988, and since founding WND in May 1997 has continued the annual tradition.
For the past 19 years, WND has invited its readers to join in and submit what they considered the most underreported stories of the past year.
Last year, WND’s picks for the 10 most underreported stories of 2015 were:
1. The realities of the Iran nuclear deal
2. The truth about Black Lives Matter’s claims of racial discrimination
3. How political correctness is destroying free speech on college campuses
4. The bypassing of state governments to resettle Muslim immigrants
5. The true story of “Ahmed the clock boy”
6. Planned Parenthood’s sale of baby parts
7. ISIS plots within America
8. Hillary and the Benghazi lies
9. The truth about the Paris climate-change deal
10. The hack attacks and other cybersecurity failures under Obama