(WVMetroNews) Charleston Police Chief Brent Webster says those participating in a”Free the Nip Top Freedom Rally” in the city this weekend may not all be topless.
“They’re asking everyone to come fully clothed,” Webster told Mayor Danny Jones Thursday on his talk show “580 Live” heard on MetroNews affiliate 580-WCHS in Charleston. “As they begin walking, they may wish to remove their tops during the march.”
On Wednesday, Mayor Jones requested organizers push back their event in an attempt to avoid disrupting a previously-scheduled children’s event. The group agreed to move their march from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturday because the FestivALL activities involving children are scheduled to end at 6 p.m.
Advertisement - story continues below